• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

full sovereign watch

craig12

was asked to try this thread as i think it deserves its own watch (im no expert by the way)

i know theres half sovs but thought i would just concentrate on full sovs for now 

there may be loads more suppliers and i will keep digging for others,  

i think my standpoint here is although you may find hgm the cheapest , it may be good to have a close second and third   maybe due to customer service or delivery charge , 

so i have some basic stuff only to start the thread  please  feel free to add as i have limited knowledge 

ats bullion george v £216.58   2+ £214.62  5+ £212.66

ats best value          £217.00   2+ £215.00  5+ £213.00

all free del as far as im aware

atkinsons  2015     £217.40    2+ £215.56   5+ £214.61

atkinsons  mixed   £213.65    2+  209.93    5+ £209.76

hgm                       £211.84  inc the delivery

as i say feel free to add  but  the ats sovs arent bad value 

elminvestments -

http://www.elminvestments.co.uk/gold-coins.html

Gold Sovereigns Buy / Sell

Elizabeth II £195.00 / £208.00

George V / Edward VII £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Old Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Jubilee Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Young Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Shields £215.00 / £235.00

Have never used them so be cautious but prices seem good.

Having paid over the odds for a Vic Sov (£250) at ATS Bullion last Friday (they originally wanted £260), I would not

recommend them for future purchases. On a general note I would recommend acquiring the Georgian sovs as an investment

as you can still get them at a good price.

elminvestments -

http://www.elminvestments.co.uk/gold-coins.html

Gold Sovereigns Buy / Sell

Elizabeth II £195.00 / £208.00

George V / Edward VII £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Old Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Jubilee Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Young Head £195.00 / £208.00

Victoria Shields £215.00 / £235.00

Have never used them so be cautious but prices seem good.

Young heads for £208! Any one used Elm Investments before?

I'm going to expand on all this a little because as we know it's not as simple as gold for gold

Atkinsons were offering 2002 sovs for basically the same price as a generic one, £216 ish, they regulary sell on Ebay for a bit of a premium, £230-60, sometimes more, so no worries your money is safe there even if spot drops,

HGM are offering Victoria shield backs for £226.77 each + delivery, I got 5, i sent 3 back, but the 1857 I kept is probably worth  £300 at least on ebay and the 1852 probably about £270

HGM also sold me 2 half vic shield backs last week for £116 or so, they were in perfect condition, £170 ish on Ebay 

HGM also sold me a double 1887 double sovereign for £380, £500 all day long on Ebay

Again, spot may drop, these coins will keep a premium

Basically I think you can buy generic and be at the mercy of spot, or wait and pay a little extra for the right coin(s) that pop up and get something a little numismatic.

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Very good advice  Kman, most sovereigns will be linked to the spot price but there will be exceptions already the 1998 sovs are going through the roof and i think the 2002, 2012 will do well in the future mainly because there not the norm. also you need to take into account mintage figures and mints.

I think the point of this thread is to monitor the cheapest sovereign.

Obviously there is more to a sovereign than just a sovereign, but I doubt it would be possible to monitor the cheapest source for each type / date.

It's kinda like the silver maple watch, simple, effective and an interesting record of past available prices.

If somebody just wishes to invest some cash and buy a generic sovereign, this thread should be a great help.

Stacker since 2013

I think the point of this thread is to monitor the cheapest sovereign.

Just mentioning that for me personally, where to find the cheapest sovereign and save couple pounds is a moot point (because of the reasons laid out above) 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just mentioning that for me personally, where to find the cheapest sovereign and save couple pounds is a moot point (because of the reasons laid out above)

That's fine, and I understand your reasoning.

I'm the same with silver, but I'd have been stoked if I'd have stumbled across a "cheapest britannia" thread when I was starting out.

Stacker since 2013

found a company called sovereign investments 

this is a wierd set up  nice web page  cant see any phone no or address   just a contact button     i think there must be a del charge  at these prices

victoria £204       george v / edward ii /  elizibeth ii  £202     /  2015  £209  /   all half sovs  £102  

unless this a old web page and a defunked company

Just a point to note that the Bullion Centre, will match ANY price from any UK bullion dealers. INCLUDING HGM. I know this because they have done this for me on several occasions. Something to note especially when buying half sovereigns, because most dealers apart from HGM whack an extra premium on half sovs.

https://www.thebullioncentre.com/

this is a wierd set up  nice web page  cant see any phone no or address   just a contact button     i think there must be a del charge  at these prices

victoria £204       george v / edward ii /  elizibeth ii  £202     /  2015  £209  /   all half sovs  £102  

These look good prices and also £232 for a proof sov?! I would be wary unless anyone has used them before. They use a po box number for their address.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

They are quoting £232 for a proof sovereign also. Their address is listing as a po box number. I would be wary unless anyone has used them before.

Like you suggest, may be that they bump up the cost with delivery charges.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

They are quoting £232 for a proof sovereign also. Their address is listing as a po box number. I would be wary unless anyone has used them before.

Like you suggest, may be that they bump up the cost with delivery charges.

Delivery will probably be on top.  Looking at their Facebook page it seems to be around £8.

Also, the price will probably depend on when they lock in their spot price.  It doesn't look like they use real time pricing.

Since there's little information about them, we really need a recommendation from someone who's used them before. 

From what I've found in all my browsing, HGM will always be the cheapest with their 4% on top of spot for sovereigns. However they are regularly out of stock so it's good to have a 2nd/3rd option.

Baird/Goldline always have a large selection of sovereigns and currently the cheapest start a few quid above HGM at £211 (+£6.50p&p).

They also do Isle of Man sovs for 50p less.

For gold stackers it may be worth considering the South African 2 Rand which is the same size and gold content as a sov but a few quid cheaper at £207.50.

http://www.goldline.co.uk/bullionCoins.page

Archived