• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hiding PM's from the wife

Danny-boy

Based on another thread, I thought I'd start this one.

How many of you buy silver as secretly as possible to avoid the inevitable "we could have had a weekend away for that money".

My wife knows I collect coins, but has no idea what / how much money / size of stack.

All my deliveries go elsewhere for security reasons, so that helps.

Anybody else a secret stacker?

Stacker since 2013

Semisecret maybe,

my wife dont realy care as long as there money enough for her

witch is a mission impossible ofcourse :P

she know that im collecting as she get the post most days, but not what i have payed (luckely)

I tell her its an investment for our future,,,,,she tells me to stop talking rubbish...

Same here, but mine agrees in principle.

She wouldn't be so agreeable if she knew how much I spend.

Stacker since 2013

I certainly know that feeling. I only hide every other purchase from her. She knows I collect, but once she asked me exactly how much my collection was worth. She was rather shocked by the answer. I strongly suspect that one day soon she will be bugging me to slim down the collection. She wants us to buy a camper van. So I may soon be in the trading section offering silver for wheels! lol

My wife knows what I buy, and how much, as you say she opens the mail and lets me know what I have so I can mark it off in my database.

She does have her moments but I say it is an investment!!!!

So there is only one thing to do.

KEEP ON STACKING!

She knows I collect, but once she asked me exactly how much my collection was worth. She was rather shocked by the answer.

I had the same thing at the end of last year, and I lied.

So I may soon be in the trading section offering silver for wheels! lol

Im a proud man, but happy to be a vulture if it comes to it. Ha ha

Stacker since 2013

Could be worse. 

On BBC2 just before there was a show about collecting which has got out of hand and it was taking over the full house.

Star Wars.  Paintings.  Dolls.

It'd take a serious amount of PMs to take over the house.

We are investors...not collectors.....:)

Max

I had the same thing at the end of last year, and I lied.

Im a proud man, but happy to be a vulture if it comes to it. Ha ha

Oh I see - swoop down on my stack in my moments of need would ya! lol I can feel my prices going up even as we speak! ;)

My wife knows I am an addict to stacking but what she doesn't know is how much losses I currently show.

If she knew that she would be demanding a new kitchen, bathroom and car !

I be a Pirate only when me wench lets me, i can only buy with Christmas/Birthday/Fathers day/When i sell some thing/Scrapping metal/ When i do a little job on the side.

On the odd occasion i will buy from our bank account. That's when she has a little winge.

To be fare though bless her i wanted to sell it a while back to put towards a car and she was dead against it, knowing it is for our retirement portfolio.

But yes i do try and smuggle ounces into the stack lol.

Woman can't live with them can't live with out them, you come out of one and spend most of you'r life trying to get back in one.

Archived