• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Gold price just been smashed,  down nearly $20 breaching the $1300 .

Not unexpected, many have said there would be one more pull back before we get a pump.

Time to sit back and enjoy the ride :)

"Gold Loses $1300 As Cartel DUMPS $1.75-Billion Worth Of PAPER GOLD In ONE SINGLE MINUTE"

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/gold-loses-1300-as-cartel-dumps-1-75-billion-worth-of-paper-gold-in-one-single-minute/

Edited by mr-dead

• 2 weeks later...

Seasonally, this is usually a weak time for the gold price. 2016 was an exception because of the brexit vote, but we can usually expect the price to be weak until late August or September, and then weak again in Nov/Dec. If gold is going to reach $1400 this year, it will probably be in Sept/Oct.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Has @BackyardBullion put another video up saying gold's a bad choice? ?

It is not my fault OK guys....

Silver also is skyrocketing ?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I just submitted a request alongside Hungary demanding repatriation of my gold from the federal reserve causing a world shortage and price spike :)

Turkey has been the latest country to request their gold as they pulled 220 tons of gold out of the US Federal Reserve system on April 19, 2018. The countries 220 tons of gold is valued at $25.3 billion. Turkey has followed countries such as:

Got to a be a reason all these countries are clambering to get their gold back asap.

Edited by mr-dead

There has been many articles,questioning whether the USA still holds 8000+ tons or if its now much less, no Audit in 50 years and that a lot of the gold no longer meets the LBM good delivery status .imo the feds do not want to know because as long as they maintain the belief that they hold all this gold they will remain as the world trading currency even though fiat money is no longer backed by gold holdings but I think a number of countries no longer trust the usa  in respect of the supposed gold they hold

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the gold to silver ratio around 1/80, do you think silver is going to go up, or gold down? I was going to buy a couple of sovs today but something about the metal prices just seem a bit off at the moment. So that money is being put to one side for a few weeks and I'm going to see what will happen. If it goes back down to £800 then I'll bite the bullet and get a gold buffalo.

May I suggest getting a strategy for your accumulation to help your decision making as of when to buy and when you plan to sell. This will help you deal with the short term uncertainty that you are struggling with. No one knows what the price will do short term or long term, we only have our opinions, which are worthless until the market agrees.

• 3 weeks later...