• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

I wish I had bought more when the price was lower. On the other hand it's nice not to feel I have to buy gold or I will miss out.

I have plenty of shiny and beautiful coins to look at and can now plan some vacations instead. Of course all that will change at $1150 again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am saving cash for if and when my contract ends. I work in oil and gas so things are precarious. This along with the rise in PM prices has meant I am holding fire on buying any more PM's.

My gold is currently up 10% which is good but I am in for the long haul and will dip back in when I have some cash to play with :)

The markets are worried the ECB won't give enough QE. The Germans are against it, the French Italians and southern EU countries are for it.  

This is how I see it.

If the ECB goes QE full on then Gold will fall back, if there is only moderate QE then Gold will stay where it is, if there is no QE or only a little QE then Gold will carry on climbing. 

So did anyone expect or predict gold to climb so much in early 2015? 

Up £100 since January 2nd, what's that about 13% ? 760 to 860

So if you had £10,000 worth of gold you now have £1300 more, a lot isn't it. 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The markets are worried the ECB won't give enough QE. The Germans are against it, the French Italians and southern EU countries are for it.  

This is how I see it.

If the ECB goes QE full on then Gold will fall back, if there is only moderate QE then Gold will stay where it is, if there is no QE or only a little QE then Gold will carry on climbing. 

So your prediction is it may go up, down or sideways lol

I was not making a prediction! but seen has how you are interested.

I predict a fudge from the ECB, remember the Swiss new last week QE was coming and de pegged the franc from the Euro.  So Gold will fall in value, but this is not the end of the story as the Germans are dead against QE and the population even more so.  Stormy waters are coming to Euro land and they may not be using the Euro in Germany in a few years.

Don't believe me then why are people buying German Bunds at -0.16%.      

Given the horrors that rampant inflation inflicted on Germany you can hardly blame them for fighting shy.

Ironically, I bought a Zimbabwe 100 Trillion Dollar note (yes, I'm a dollar trillionaire, no begging letters please) five years ago for £1.10 inc postage, plenty on ebay now at ten or fifteen times that amount, pretty good appreciation  :rolleyes: .

The markets are worried the ECB won't give enough QE. The Germans are against it, the French Italians and southern EU countries are for it. This is how I see it. If the ECB goes QE full on then Gold will fall back, if there is only moderate QE then Gold will stay where it is, if there is no QE or only a little QE then Gold will carry on climbing.

My guess is the opposite moves based on the levels of stimulus and I think there will be less QE than expected.

My thinking is that the markets including pms are already priced in now for QE.

Edited by Helping Hands

Gold will go up against the pound it the currency falls lower, but Gold is on a general burn out. Lets see the Greek elections this weekend, if the left wins we could see a spike in Gold in US$. But for the Sterling pound Gold would will rise sharply if the pound continues to take more poundings from the US$. 

Edited by goldfinger999

Anybody predicting a dip this week? I sure hope so. Last gold I bought was two weeks ago, just can't quite justify buying at spot £850+. Of course - if this is the "new norm" before prices climb then in a few months we will be kicking ourselves for not buying when gold was "cheap at £850"!

I have given up predicting it....and I admire those on the Forum who stack it away every month regardless, very disciplined bunch.