• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Different types of coin capsules, my video on youtube

crazy hippo

Thanks for posting CH, shot by a real coin enthusiast, to sum up you like the original capsules best but the Schultz are the way to go for replacement capsules, I'd agree with you as I don't like capsules with the protruding edges and I can't see the point of the inner ring on capsules, I think they spoil the look of the coin.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks for the video!

I am not a fan of those lighthouse edges either. I didn't realise the air-tites were the same, that's a shame, but glad I know before I bought any, thanks! :)

I might get some of these Schultz capsules soon then. Unless any of my non perth mint coins would fit best into original perth mint capsules. I will need to measure them up.

Crazy Hippo, please could you share a link to where to buy the Schultz capsules from?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Unless any of my non perth mint coins would fit best into original perth mint capsules. I will need to measure them up.

Well the kooks are 40.6mm so they will fit pretty much everything coin-wise.

Stacker since 2013

Well the kooks are 40.6mm so they will fit pretty much everything coin-wise.

Awesome. Thanks! ASE's are too big though surely? I haven't seen any of my coins in person for too long, forgetting how they all measure up against each other.

Also some coins might look too small in the perth mint capsules, wondering if these Schultz are better if can get various sizes.

I remember reading someone else's post somewhere who said that the Perth Mint capsules aren't really that air tight, maybe the Schultz are a better capsule for preserving some of the coins? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

No, eagles are the same size so will fit too.

Only thing they won't fit are the lunars but they come with caps anyway.

No caps are airtight, but looking at my 14 year old 2000 kook, it's not started toning yet.

I'd say they were pretty good!!!

I have had Schulz caps that had lips, so it's possibly luck of the draw. Some on eBay look to have the overhang too.

Stacker since 2013

No, eagles are the same size so will fit too.

Only thing they won't fit are the lunars but they come with caps anyway.

No caps are airtight, but looking at my 14 year old 2000 kook, it's not started toning yet.

I'd say they were pretty good!!!

I have had Schulz caps that had lips, so it's possibly luck of the draw. Some on eBay look to have the overhang too.

Might have to be the Perth Mint ones then. What's the unit cost without shipping? You said you paid £1 including shipping! seems expensive for capsules, but I only have a few single coins that need them so that I can display them nicely. 

The bulk of my stack is Perth Mint coins anyway, so need for capsules for those, just for the other coins that I want to display. Reminds me, I don't think I have purchased one of those 25 year maple leaf adversary coins yet. Might need to do so.

Discounts / Offers

I haven't purchased yet, I wondered if a group buy would be in order. £1 was just a quote.

Probably be a bit cheaper then.

I have a 25 maple, they are quite nice actually.

I would be in for a group buy of airtites at some point (or maybe some other capsules).

I got some 25th Ann. Maples from Klacey the other week - really like them.

I payed 59,40 USD for:

1pcs H30,6 DF

2 pcs H38 DF

6 pcs H39 DF

20 pcs H40,6 DF

30pcs 1oz bar DF

1pcs Cap-Tube Model H

3pcs Cap-Tube Model I

All included from Air-Tite, and all smoth edges

And i will soon order a bit more

So I am confused, are the edges on the air-tites completely smooth? Or are they like in Crazy Hippos video? There seems to be different information or variants? :/

Discounts / Offers

So I am confused, are the edges on the air-tites completely smooth? Or are they like in Crazy Hippos video? There seems to be different information or variants? :/

The one i orded was smooth like PM´s caps.

Maybe others also call their caps "Airtite" and couse the confusion

I got mine from https://www.air-tites.com/

The one i orded was smooth like PM´s caps.

Maybe others also call their caps "Airtite" and couse the confusion

I got mine from https://www.air-tites.com/

Maybe it's because the air-tites in video above are the ring type and not direct fit.

I will order some capsules soon, still deciding wether it's best to go for some original Perth Mint ones, as I don't have many coins that need to be put in capsules, and they will nicely match my perth mint coin collection.

Or if I should go for the air-tites as in the long run they will save me money compared to PM ones, if I purchase bulk to compensate for the high delivery cost.

Discounts / Offers

For PM coins, i will go with PM orig caps.

Dont mind the higher cost, as they aren´t that many.

For the rest of my coins, SBSS and others i will do Air-Tites but only direct fit.

And i must say that my 1oz bars looks much better in caps, instead of orig. plastic.

too all those interested, i got mine from this seller on amazon, http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA2ZR22S94V8ASA&field-keywords=capsules, as a note i did buy the Air tights from ebay, and they were deco branded as air tites, so unless its just that they were ring type, then hmmm, i don’t really know.

thanks for the overwhelmingly positive response to the video guys :)

Deleted as duplicated

??

Do you want me to delete your post completely?

Discounts / Offers

• 2 years later...

What was the outcome of the Schultz coin capsules?

Were they ok?

[I think the very best are the screw down Royal Mint type capsules.]

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived