• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Optimistic ebay BIN for PMs

motorbikez

As above see any optimistic ebay BIN prices post them up here.

I'll start with this one on ebay Germany

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lunar-I-Hahn-PROOF-PP-1-Unze-1-oz-mit-COA-BOX-/321632167543?pt=M%C3%BCnzen_Medaillen&hash=item4ae2c56677

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What so special about that daz as far I can tell its not even silver ffs

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

65 quid for a 2011 brit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-ROYAL-MINT-1oz-SILVER-BU-BRITANNIA-2-TWO-POUND-COIN-BOXED-/230914120141?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item35c38dd9cd

What really annoys me about this one is that its being sold by a coin company and in their description they describe it as being a proof . Surely they know its not

Whilst we class these prices as optimistic I think there are more than a fair share sellers who are actually secret collectors/stackers themselves and are quite happy if it doesn't sell at all

They have items listed and in all likelihood they know it wont sell for the list price.  But if someone is daft enough to pay over the odds and it helps them accumulate more silver/gold with the profits reaped make hay while the sun still shines

For someone already running an eBay shop, one step up from the basic shop subscription, it only costs 5p to list any item on buy it now for 30 day period, times that by x12  and you find you can have a coin listed for a full year with worldwide exposure, sale or no sale for just 60p

Not exactly a king ransom to pay.

As buyers come and go from eBay, new members sign up, birthdays come along, people come into money, leaving gift or long service present needs to be bought, Indian wedding season around Diwali. etc  

Just because it is listed now doesn't mean it may not sell six months down the line

Whilst i am happy with my stack & what i have accumulated thus far, i don't think I am not emotionally tied in any significant way to any coin.  So i am happy say, if the price was right I think I would be happy to sell.   

Another point to consider is the highs of 2011 some folk may be underwater on what they paid through 2010 & 2011 and trying to break even with what they paid for it back then, after all who would ever want to sell at a loss?

Ultimately an item is only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for it, why do some people pay £100million+ for a painting and some people happy to pay a £10 for a print at Wilinsons

True paul , must admit I've got a few coins listed at optimistic bin prices myself for those exact reasons. Free to list, if it sells it sells if not I'm not bothered.

Was wondering if someone would list one of mine in this thread! Although saying that my prices are not that optimistic.

• 2 weeks later...

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I have seen a number of nice Aussie mint sovereigns from this seller in Sydney - but the prices are nuts! I have a comparable 1894 Melbourne sovereign that I got in early Jan for £215 delivered! All of this guys Sovs up for £400-£750...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231219745312?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yup....if I had £62k spare I think I would rather buy a Maserati Ghibli and some gold with the change than that spotty mule!!!

http://www.maserati.co.uk/maserati/uk/en/index/build-price/carconfiguratorV2.html?modelName=GHIBLI_330&title=Ghibli

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1oz-Gold-Coins-Best-Value-/161588346939?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item259f6a803b

Bullion by post take the pizz don't they?

This product is for investors looking for the best value for money and who do not mind which coins they own

£1004 ~ What lol

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGA-RARE-2015-2-COIN-TWO-POUND-HMS-BELFAST-1-OF-100-CIRCULATED-BY-ROYAL-MINT-/301528109080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463479d018

Two pound coin still on sale at the mint for £10 selling for £999!

There are others up for 100 - 200 as well

It's because it's one of these

http://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/news/royal-navy-2-pound-coin

To celebrate the release of precious metal versions of the coin, which marks the 100th anniversary of the First World War, The Royal Mint has issued just 100 special commemorative Royal Navy 2015 £2 coins into general circulation through the Imperial War Museum’s HMS Belfast, giving a small number of people the rare opportunity to find one in their change

In other words the Royal Mint are giving away 100 free £2 coins to customers at the HMS Belfast shop. Not as people who have misread the situation where they believe there are only 100 of these coins in existance, when in fact there are many thousands

In other words the Royal Mint are giving away 100 free £2 coins to customers at the HMS Belfast shop. Not as people who have misread the situation where they believe there are only 100 of these coins in existance, when in fact there are many thousands

Are they no different from the ones they're selling in the shop?

Is there any way to differentiate between the 100 circulated or one bought. 

They are exactly the same coin , even if you get one from hms belfast it is effectivley uncirculated as although its not in the folder it hasn't actually been circulated has it?

My bet is the seller bought it for a tenner and just took it out the packet. And who would ever know?

Archived