• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

ChrisSilver

Today I received.....

7,172 posts in this topic

2017 Temple Pandas in Bi-Met and Brass.  There's a spec of something on the bi-met both on the medal and inside plastic pouch.  Might be some frosting issue on the brass.

Parcel was well overdue and seems to have been mis-sorted multiple times.  Dispatched from Shanghai for the UK on 28th May.  Arrived back in Shanghai on 1st June and dispatched to UK again.  Arrived back in Shanghai on the 4th June and dispatched to the UK again.  Finally arrived in the UK on 17th.

2017-06-19 12.18.43.jpg

2017-06-19 12.19.08.jpg

KDave, kimchi, rebnah and 2 others like this

2 minutes ago, morezone said:

2017 Temple Pandas in Bi-Met and Brass.  There's a spec of something on the bi-met both on the medal and inside plastic pouch.  Might be some frosting issue on the brass.

Parcel was well overdue and seems to have been mis-sorted multiple times.  Dispatched from Shanghai for the UK on 28th May.  Arrived back in Shanghai on 1st June and dispatched to UK again.  Arrived back in Shanghai on the 4th June and dispatched to the UK again.  Finally arrived in the UK on 17th.

2017-06-19 12.18.43.jpg

2017-06-19 12.19.08.jpg

I had the same problem..I sent mine back and had it replaced

kimchi likes this

34 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

I had the same problem..I sent mine back and had it replaced

Going to ship them back tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, KDave said:

Nice pandas they look impressive. Is bi-metal a mix of silver and gold or something else? 

Brass one side and copper on the other.  2 metals stuck together with super glue

KDave likes this

Oh blimey I think I have to avoid the forum and this thread in particular until some funds come in! :wacko: <edit> I just looked back through the last page too and had to stop myself...torture...

@MikeSol Lovely aren't they? You picked a super year to start off with! :) Welcome to the club and best getting saving because now you're in there's no going back and you'll want to add to your collection! :P

Edited by kimchi

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Oh blimey I think I have to avoid the forum and this thread in particular until some funds come in! :wacko:

@MikeSol Lovely aren't they? You picked a super year to start off with! :) Welcome to the club and best getting saving because now you're in there's no going back and you'll want to add to your collection! :P

I think I'll have to get a shield back next ;) 

2 minutes ago, MikeSol said:

I think I'll have to get a shield back next ;) 

Ooh you're a braver soul than I! I best not dip my toe in those there waters for my own good methinks :P I think I'll stick with the recent key years and the 'simple' 1888 that's been passed down to me!

Edited by kimchi

21 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

My PCGS grades have been done in record time and pretty pleased

IMG_4389.PNG

How long did it take?

They have had my coins since the 30/5 and am still stuck "In Process"

Sent mine to the PCGS USA due to the cheaper prices $32 vs 45 euro, in 5 days time will have been 2 months since I sent them; took 1 month just to get to PCGS.

Think in future ill just pay the Europe rate.

10 hours ago, metalslug said:

How long did it take?

They have had my coins since the 30/5 and am still stuck "In Process"

Sent mine to the PCGS USA due to the cheaper prices $32 vs 45 euro, in 5 days time will have been 2 months since I sent them; took 1 month just to get to PCGS.

Think in future ill just pay the Europe rate.

Sent mine on Thursday and graded by Monday lol, should have them back next week. Modern coins are only €20, not sure what you sen though

Edited by shortstack68

33 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Phenomenal service, you must have a contact there:D

Or they must have a big box the coins go in. last in, first out!

I'm thinking it's the last in scenario, I've mostly waited 3 days for grades to come through, this was the quickest by far of any of my submissions 

6 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

A couple of coins from the DNW auction last week.

1817 G3 Halfcrown

and a 1872 QV Gothic Florin

5949c6ced6665_1817HalfcrownObverse.thumb.JPG.353efd92a19437474b60c60d1f4adf48.JPG5949c6d3db744_1817HalfcrownReverse.thumb.JPG.87081f351694b34a4216041158fdf09a.JPG5949c6da6847f_1872FlorinObverse.thumb.JPG.94414f9db796f6a96b5b37b5e7c4c5ac.JPG5949c6e2af85e_1872FlorinReverse.thumb.JPG.06f7ad6b315b54d008fee65ea7818538.JPG

Very nice! I also got the group lot of tokens that I wanted at the DNW sale week.

Actually I only wanted one of them - a token issued by one of my ancestors in the early 1800's!