• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

13 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

@pampfan now if I can only get a hold of the 1/4oz Griffin in MS70 I'll be good to go...

There are still only five in the world - you may have to buy a few raw and take the chance with grading them yourself.  I just sent in to ngc my 10 oz beast -I'm  looking to get an ms70 on that one. 

There are still only five in the world - you may have to buy a few raw and take the chance with grading them yourself.  I just sent in to ngc my 10 oz beast -I'm  looking to get an ms70 on that one. 

Yeah I already have 2, they will grade at MS69 at best... I will have to gamble on more down the road with some of the Silver profits shortly...

Good luck with the 10oz, they seem to be a 50/50 shot. I'll eventually send in my 5oz Pandas Proofs for grading once I give them a good look over...

2 hours ago, prophet800 said:

Here is a close up CSC_0692.JPGCSC_0691.JPG

Lovely coin 

but i don't think it worth grading ! 

I bought au58 for £350 2 days ago wich is near what you pay for a good grade one ,

only if you get lucky and get MS grade .. 

Edited by Sovereign

I'm following @Numistacker's lead...per @HyHy, confirmed that the raw coins were sold out at MCM so I picked this beauty up from NY Coin & Bullion for $149 w/ free shipping...Not overly concerned that it won't come with the OGP as the CoAs don't give a specific number for your coin (kinda like the 2017 BU Silver Krugs).

Lion.thumb.jpg.4d757ef6b1eff1c23654edeb3915f745.jpg

3 hours ago, GoldBenj said:

@prophet800 the weird line looks a lot like a die crack. 

is that damage to the rim?

And is that a double strike?  Look at the numbers in the date (or is that how it's supposed to look when minted)?

And is that a double strike?  Look at the numbers in the date (or is that how it's supposed to look when minted)?

I thought it looked a little funny but I'm not an expert so that might be normal. Will have a look at my pics on the laptop again for a clearer look

7 hours ago, prophet800 said:

@JesterHere are some clearer ones

@sovereignsteve might know.

591e000f872e8_1871SOVMERGE3-2.thumb.jpg.7aa3fcb2a3b002e15835fd10c899fcc0.jpg591e0016f2989_1871SOVMERGE3-1.jpg.2d802e17463c49a362ac0c100aa4d37f.jpg

Yes a double strike with some movement. There's some explanation how these happen during release of the coin from the dies but I can't remember what it is.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon