• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

UK first £100 for £100 silver coin... Big Ben 2015 (seriously?)

daniel.yrh

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well well well. The Royal Mint has gone and sold out of all it's current stock.......

Please note
Due to unprecedented levels of demand this product will exceed usual delivery times. Expected delivery for new orders of this product are now Mid-February.

Due to these high levels of interest, we need to enforce a limit of 10 per customer in order to ensure as many people as possible are able to purchase this significant coin before it sells out.

When coins has face value it has one important benefit.

You can take your gold or silver in another country without paying duty or tax, cause they are legal tender.

So if someone wants to move to another country it will be easier

Fair enough K_t, but having lived in 5 countries, I can say that at least from my experience, duty on my PMs is low on my list of concerns moving country! But I get your point...

Fair enough K_t, but having lived in 5 countries, I can say that at least from my experience, duty on my PMs is low on my list of concerns moving country! But I get your point...

i always thought im a guy who can settle down but you bet me  Lindemann. I lived in 4 different Countries  ;)

i do not know anything about the GB numis but maybe i would buy one.

Does it come in a presentation box ?

Is it a proof coin ?

I cant see these details on the mint website.

I found a german seler saying its a proof coin.

Hi Ralf it is a Bu coin and comes as my picture  in a carded sleeve, the coin is sandwiched  in plastic within the cardboard sleeve.It also is packaged with a flimsy plastic packet(over the carded sleeve) which I removed for photo.

I hope that clears things up for you.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Is the coin protected against touch it with the fingers with a capsulae or a platic sleeve ?

Yes the coin is encased in plastic within card sleeve.

I can't believe when I bought one it said delivery due in 3 days and today I got this email from royal mint

I am delighted to inform you that your recent order for Big Ben 2015 UK £100 Fine Silver Coin has been successful. As you are aware this is Britain's first £100 face value coin and with a limited edition of only 50,000 you will be one of the very few to own one of these coins.

Due to overwhelming demand we are not be able to despatch your order as quickly as we would normally expect. Please accept my sincere apologies for this issue, I can however advise that we aim to deliver all orders by mid-February.

Coins struck by The Royal Mint are renowned globally for being the pinnacle of the minter's art; this is due to the extreme care and precision of our experienced craftsmen and production processes.

I ordered mine on 29th Dec about 10 am on the morning they were released and it said the same, coin landed on Sat.

The next day I thought I'd get one for my son and it said 5 days which as per your order has now become mid feb.

There was a similar situation with the 6 coin proof Britannia set which if I remember rightly took 6 weeks to arrive.

On the plus point K you'll get one eventually :)

Having been unable to log on to the website and successfully complete check out for two weeks i telephoned them this morning and was told that I could go on to waitlist they had just sold out and they put me at number three on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived