• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Scottsdale Bar on e-bay

Hillbilly Sheep

I saw this Scottsdale bar on ebay this morning for £12

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311198384064

I sent the seller a message asking if it was fake or not.  Here's the messages and the replies

ME: Are these bars solid silver ?
I can see no feedback for previous sales of these, although you have negative feedback for selling fake AMPEX bars

SELLER: plated

ME: Why not mention that in the description ?

Very misleading !!

SELLER: you now .999 ???

SELLER: 99.0 and .999 see different???

So is this guy a chancer by not mentioning that they are clad or is he right enough with his description ?

No this is an awful listing. If its plated then its not 31.1035 grams of .999 fine Silver. Its XXX of fine silver and XXX of what ever is under it. If he knows they are plated it should clearly say so. This guy should be reported.

Seriously, why anyone risks buying precious metals off eBay these days is totally beyond me.  

I have seen the scams, poor photos, dodgy descriptions of condition, clever wording ploys, liberal with truth, private listings, private feedback, high jacked accounts, shill bidding, plated stuff, replica coins, forcing none PayPal payment route, packing quality problems and more besides

For a newbie starting off buying from eBay is a very risky move. IT IS A MINEFIELD !!

There will always be unscrupulous people ready to liberate £££s from the uneducated and gullible

Who needs these hassles ?? Certainly not me

I search eBay a couple time a weeks to see if there are any potential bargains. But it has to be something very special these days for me to use eBays

When we now have the option of VAT free items from Germany now from STG and other reliable dealers within the UK (my UK dealers of choice Atkinsons, HGM, & Baird) without any worries of the risks or authenticity, an assured tried & tested service from them all

Archived