• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chards 24Carat website seems to be better than silver to go for incremental purchases.

SouthamptonStacker

They are based in Blackpool and have the cheapest prices in the UK. If for example you wanted to buy a 1oz 2015 Perth Mint Lunar goat it would cost you £21.85 + £3.50 for delivery. Total cost = £25.35

http://24carat.co.uk/index.html

On silver to go it would cost you £16.03 + £10.95 delivery. Total cost = £26. 98

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/lunar-series-2/lunar-goat-1oz-silver-2015/

When I first found their website it seemed really shady. But I can vouch that they are 100% legit. My coins came the very next day. 

This is their main site http://www.chards.co.uk/

This would not benefit people who buy in bulk. But for those of us who currently cannot afford to do so, this website seems like the best there is for UK silver stackers.Just wanted to inform you guys. 

Why not do those sums assuming you are buying 5?

Buying singles is the quickest way to lose money. £25 for a fairly run of the mill Oz, with a £10 spot price.

This is fine, but ask yourself if you are a collector or a stacker?

Plus of course you are paying a premium on the 2015 coin. This premium will have gone in 6 months, but there will be plenty of coins left to buy.

Just some thoughts.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

If you are just buying single coins as a collector - fair enough pay these prices

If you are trying to invest & save but have little spare cash and can only afford single coin purchases you are going to make it very hard to break even in the short term let alone make any money.  

Far better just keep your spare cash in an ISA or similar where at least you always keep 100% of the cash invested with zero downside risk

I don't think that chards is all that great. Quite a few people I know have had terrible delivery problems and not the quickest to sort it either. I still use them now and again for bits and pieces. I've been a jammy what's it with delivery from them so I am told!

On silver to go it would cost you £16.03 + £10.95 delivery. Total cost = £26. 98

They're £5.82 cheaper, that is a lot

The cost is in delivery

If you're stacking silver you wouldn't be buying single coins, you would get I assume 20 at least (or whatever a roll is)

20 at chards would be £437 + delivery (which I'm not sure of currently, but lets say £7 at least) so: £444

20 at silver-to-go would be £330 including delivery

£330 vs £444, saving of £114

Edit> These figures may be slightly off because spot has changed since you posted and I've looked at the silver to go website 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

If you were a silver stacker, buying lunar series coins would seem a bit contrary to the stacking ethos, but I suppose everyone has their own strategy. Cheapest single ounce would be a Philharmonic or Maple, or even a generic round or minted bar: Atkinsons will send you a rather unremarkable Sunshine Mint round for just over £18 and the melt value is still the same as your pretty Australian goat.

We've done the maths before, and buying from Europe VAT-free will only break even on 6 coins minimum. Makes little sense to order from someone like StG for a single. I'm going to suggest if you are forced to pay 2x spot because you cannot afford to buy in higher quantities, then don't.

Paying that much over the odds for what will ultimately not be a large amount of silver suggests jumping on a bandwagon rather than making an informed decision. I say that from experience, not to put anyone off if they want to collect coins, but be sure of your motivation before spending precious cash.

Archived