• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Luker2

I just got mine in the mail today of the BU - 31/2000

It's a nice looking coin. 

any chance of a pic. I thought the proofs looked great but the photo of the BU on the site looked disappointing so didn't bite.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My one Lunar that I paid $81 for including postage is stuck in Royal Mail with a charge.

3c3a3e49b388525c7e6d1ec6f21fbe70.jpg

RM want £18 to deliver and frankly it is just not worth paying this. I asked them to return it to the seller so it can be delivered locally in the USA and the answer is we will send it back in 21 days!

So in a couple of months I may or may not get my coin.

This is one of the problems of buying even a small amount of silver from outside the EC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one Lunar that I paid $81 for including postage is stuck in Royal Mail with a charge.

3c3a3e49b388525c7e6d1ec6f21fbe70.jpg

RM want £18 to deliver and frankly it is just not worth paying this. I asked them to return it to the seller so it can be delivered locally in the USA and the answer is we will send it back in 21 days!

So in a couple of months I may or may not get my coin.

This is one of the problems of buying even a small amount of silver from outside the EC.

Is it the proof or bu?

Yes that's the problem with buying from US. I think the RM charge a flat £9 to process your customs payment plus the 20% VAT. I don't think the import duty on silver is more than about 2 or 3 % if anything. It's only worth it if the sender places a low value on the package. I think a value up to £14 (or is it £18) is customs charge exempt.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Yes that's the problem with buying from US. I think the RM charge a flat £9 to process your customs payment plus the 20% VAT. I don't think the import duty on silver is more than about 2 or 3 % if anything. It's only worth it if the sender places a low value on the package. I think a value up to £14 (or is it £18) is customs charge exempt.

An £8 processing charge by RM is userous IMHO.

I always factor in the additional costs of the vat and £8 post office handling charge, whenever buying something from the US. If the total is higher than I can buy in the EU I won't buy it. If it slips through without any vat charges I just think its a bonus.

Just received skull coin could of done with mirror frosting contrast not just satin finish but ok depth of relief quite good.Numis feel your pain got mine via aurinum in Germany ordered a Rwanda buffalo proof with them and they sent me the BU in mint packaging instead,I have emailed them to see how they plan to rectify the situation

Archived