• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

how do you value the non descripts

craig12

hi everyone , i just wondered if i could ask your advice on how to value non standard , one offs on e bay 

you know the sort of thing 

medallions for the royal flower society with a low mintage

or the police medal in original presantation box offered to constables 

or the bahamas 925 coin set from 1976

5 coin set in sterling silver knackered box 

winston churchill medal in broze

how do you put a value on such abnormal things , ive tried offering less than the start price only to be told where to get off and low and behold it didnt sell 

one off items  wierd  how do tou value them

so what if they were not 925 silver wtc just alloy but a one off coin is that a junk coin at 99p

Once again, worth what people are willing to pay.

A one-off coin is very unusual, so would probably be worth more than 99p.

Stacker since 2013

Don't think you will find anything on ebay for less than spot + VAT.

I get the feeling you are looking for a fast buck? Good luck with that.

Personally I would rather buy a recognisable 1 oz coin than 14 bits of tat for 99p, which you may or may not be able to flip.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Don't think you will find anything on ebay for less than spot + VAT.

It does happen every now and then, but it's getting rarer.

I got a 1oz proof for £10 delivered the other day, and also managed to snag about 80 Australia round 50's for spot too.

Stacker since 2013

Spot.

Rare coins of low mintage are worth nothing unless they are desirable. Nothing is worth more than someone is willing to pay for it. If you see silver going for low price that is because no one wants it!!!!! That 1976 proof set of boy scout silver one off never to be repeated coins was probably never repeated because no one was interested in it. They are still not interested!!

My dear old nana, bless her, used to tell s that the more expensive something was the better it was. Don't buy the £5 shirt as the £10 shirt is so much better! (It wasn't)

In old silver though, sh was totally spot on correct. There is a reason it is selling for nothing on ebay.

If you can buy it for less than spot it is a bargain. If you can't, just because it is one of only 1000 minted means nothing if no one is interested in it. Rarity does not value make; popularity does!

Archived