• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

bullionbase-my new website.

bullionbuilder

Hi everyone,i have decided to follow my heart and start buying and selling silver bullion coins,my website will be called www.bullionbase.co.uk.i hope you guys support me and i will be willing to take constructive criticism of you guys to try and make it succeed.what are your thoughts and any advice? I have researched everything and this isnt just a spur of the moment idea,it has been in the pipeline for a while.kind regards bjllionbuilder

Good luck to you, that will be a massive challenge not only to build up consumer trust but to also beat the big boys on price, I think that will be key otherwise people will go with established company's, and even if cheaper people will still want peace of mind that established company's give. 

Top service is already available at all the established company's, yours must be upto the same standard and you will need to be considerably cheaper when you start I would imagine. even then I would be extremely wary buying from you. 

If you have not already maybe start on Ebay and build up a customer base where they are covered by buyer protection..Without being mean there is no way I would buy from a new bullion website.

This is not a dig, just my honest opinion.

Hi BB, we get this kind of post every so often, newbie joins contributes nothing to the forum and then next second is trying to sell stuff. You may be genuine in your intentions so do you have a track record on ebay or elsewhere.If not and you have something of interest to sell would you send coin/coins first and accept payment after delivery.

I think as a UK based business trying to break into the Pm's market it will be very difficult(but not impossible) unless you have a particular niche that no one else is fulfilling. I don't think it will be easy trying to sell bullion coins competitively from the UK. Germany is the way to go for cost conscious UK buyers.

Personally as semi retired businessman myself I think you are going about this venture the wrong way round. I'm not trying to be critical or negative but you asked for thoughts and advice and that's how I see it.

Best of luck with your venture.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice,im not naive to think i am going to start competing with the boys,i just aim to start very small-mainly in the 1-30 units area as thats were i could be very competitive,more so than any uk dealer from my research.to slowly build that all important trust i would send 1-10 units first to established members with great feedback on here before payment.i have been selling various bullion on car boots,antique fairs etc for a while,but i know this is a totaly different ball game.but everyone started somewhere and we will see where it takes us! I have never fancied ebay because of the fees etc,but i know its a massive audience and would be good just to build a history with great feedback etc.thanks for your responses,much appreciated.

newbie joins contributes nothing to the forum and then next second is trying to sell stuff. 

You have both been very polite, but this sentence sums it up to me.

I clicked on your site out of interest and it is not even online/live

hardly inspires confidence now does it ??? Very wise words to give before going into anything business related

• Piss Poor Planning Promotes Piss Poor Performance
  • Proper Planning and Practice Prevents Piss Poor Performance
  • Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
  • Proper Planning, Preparation and Practice Prevents Poor Performance
  • Prior Planning, Preparation and Practice Prevents Poor Performance
  • Positive Pre-Planning, Preparation and Practice, Prevents Poor Performance
  • Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

It was agentbullion last month, never heard from since his first posts

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/1834-can-i-get-some-feedback-please-for-my-bullion-investing-ebook-free-download/?hl=investments#entry28855

You have both been very polite, but this sentence sums it up to me.

I clicked on your site out of interest and it is not even online/live

hardly inspires confidence now does it ??? Very wise words to give before going into anything business related

• Piss Poor Planning Promotes Piss Poor Performance
  • Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
  • Proper Planning, Preparation and Practice Prevents Poor Performance
  • Prior Planning, Preparation and Practice Prevents Poor Performance
  • Positive Pre-Planning, Preparation and Practice, Prevents Poor Performance
  • Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

It was agentbullion last month, never heard from since his first posts

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/1834-can-i-get-some-feedback-please-for-my-bullion-investing-ebook-free-download/?hl=investments#entry28855

just didi a search for his site also but no joy says cant find it,even tried with a hyphon and other stuff as well but no joy

• Founder & Administrator

Topic moved as it did't constitute an actual buy or sell offer and as such wasn't suited to the trade forum.

Not to criticise but just my opinion; Presentation is extremely important in business, the UK market for all goods is very saturated and competitive and the UK consumer expects a lot. Attention to detail should be paid, if you are communicating mainly via the internet you need to be able to write professionally, and spelling and grammar is extremely important in my point of view.

Commas and capital letters, although could possibly be forgiven, incorrect spelling of your own username doesn't look great. Just my opinion.

I wish you every success in your new venture.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Topic moved as it did't constitute an actual buy or sell offer and as such wasn't suited to the trade forum.

Not to criticise but just my opinion; Presentation is extremely important in business, the UK market for all goods is very saturated and competitive and the UK consumer expects a lot. Attention to detail should be paid, if you are communicating mainly via the internet you need to be able to write professionally, and spelling and grammar is extremely important in my point of view.

Commas and capital letters, although could possibly be forgiven, incorrect spelling of your own username doesn't look great. Just my opinion.

I wish you every success in your new venture.

i suppose the only place you can misspell yer username would be on an online forum, some people spell it a certain way for a specific reason although i cant see where he has spelt it wrong,but i reckon you are right in connection with if its set up for buisness purposes

Archived