• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

question about sarnia

daz

Can anyone tell me if you order from sarnia silver is the price at checkout the total price you pay or do you get hit with added vat / import duties?

I don't know at what order stage the VAT is added, but yes you will pay VAT.

Stacker since 2013

I just wondered because if i add a couple of coins to my basket and then go to checkout its only coming up as the same price as on the product page plus £2 delivery. Yet it says on the page vat and special delivery added at checkout?

I don't want to go any further than that as I don't want to commit myself to buying without knowing what the total is going to be

Same, i was on the site a few days ago. Had a good few items ready to buy, but emailed them first to see if the full price was correct and they emailed me back saying ' VAT will be added after i place the purchase. so i cancelled lol , find it strange why they dont add it all up so you know what the person has to pay, not be tricked till after the purchase.

Many a time i have pulled out of buying silver due to the final price being different to the start price,there loss.Why don't they just say the whole price and have done with it we know what we want,what we want to pay,if it is in our budget we will have it.Stop messing about sellers make life easy please.

We do not buy something in town and expect the V.A.T. to come on at the end.

true danny but you would think that a lot of their custom comes from uk , if other sites have a option (like stg) of clicking a flag and then it giving you the correct total how hard can it be to set up ? 

it says vat etc added at checkout but if you put items in your basket it doesnt actually give you the total until after youve committed to buy which seems ridiculous in this day and age.

it seems that im not the only one who doesnt want to order using this system , so obviously they are losing business because of something that should be pretty easy for them to sort out

I'm new to the forum and to silver bullion. I only have 10oz so far but am keen to know where people are buying from.

So far I've bought lower value coins but I'm sure I could buy cheaper. I've used Darlington Coins and Sarnia so far.

Any advice appreciated.

Welcome.

Have a read of the recommended vendors thread, and I'd also suggest a general read through forum posts.

Stacker since 2013

Archived