• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is Your Most Unusual / Obscure Coin(s) or Bar(s)

Keithoil

Mine are some very small bars representing ships they weigh 2.2 grams and I have 7.7oz of them (102). But they are so small you need a magnifying glass to read the text on them.

I also have some Indian silver an Indian Round Shree Laxmi Goddess of wealth and prosperity, and a Indian Hema bar, these both weigh and odd 1.77 oz.

Cheers

Keith

Cheers MBZ

Hope you made a mint!!!

Keith

I did OK with them Keith I was at an antique fare chatting with a guy who had a few coins and bars on his stand, mentioned  I had these and he offered me £70 for his personal bar collection.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I have one of these tiny small gold coins (My first gold coin as it goes)

http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces47311.html

They are rather rare, but not that collectable, an odd mix lol

It is 0.5 Grams.  I can't find any mintage info (Anyone?)

I paid about £20 for it a couple of years ago. They are now worth about £45 to £50

g55.jpgg56.jpg

Any way, I like it. It has been my best buy so far!! :)

I don't like gold this size, it is way too small. I purchased this as I thought it was a bargain, and also I wanted to have some small gold for SHTF scenarios. But from a stacking point of view, I am not a big fan. You can get mini-roo gold coins in Aus - google for them - they are way over priced and too small to see without a magnifying glass. But at AUD60 a pop people like them as it is accessible gold. For me, from now on, I won't get anything smaller than the 1/10 size.

• Founder & Administrator

I don't like gold this size, it is way too small. I purchased this as I thought it was a bargain, and also I wanted to have some small gold for SHTF scenarios. But from a stacking point of view, I am not a big fan. You can get mini-roo gold coins in Aus - google for them - they are way over priced and too small to see without a magnifying glass. But at AUD60 a pop people like them as it is accessible gold. For me, from now on, I won't get anything smaller than the 1/10 size.

I am still debating if I will one day purchase a 1/2 or 1/4 gold coin. I might just have to buy one of each to actually see them in person to see if they are too small. But 1/10! That sounds tiny. At least it's not 1/20!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I am still debating if I will one day purchase a 1/2 or 1/4 gold coin. I might just have to buy one of each to actually see them in person to see if they are too small. But 1/10! That sounds tiny. At least it's not 1/20!

One I get settled (lol when is that EVER going to happen?) I will try and take some photos which more accurately show the sizes of the coins. The 1/4 are a bit smaller than I expected tbh. I like 1/2 Oz coins. The 1oz are amazing, but expensive. Worth saving up for though. They are small compared to silver, but they are heavy for their size after handling silver. There is something very satisfying about that.

ETA: Apologies for the sidetrack! :wacko:

Archived