• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best way to buy in Canada before bringing it to UK on a plane?

a_a

Basically, I know someone who lives in Canada who visits every year. Now I am stacking, I think it'd be be a good way to get a VAT free large bar in their hand luggage, and was just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for the best way to buy silver in Canada please.

Naturally the personal allowance is quite low, about £380 or something so I won't be able to get loads, probably a 1kg tops, although if spot keeps sliding then maybe a 50 ozer :)

I've had a search for a few places but if anyone has done the same, or has a recommendation, it would be appreciated, it's a bit tricky with a UK biased search engine and it mainly keeps coming up with RCM stuff

Thanks

Iv'e used Canadian Bullion Services for over 10 separate transactions over the last two years or so,

and have never encountered any problems. Overall excellent service! 

http://canadianbullionservices.com/silver-2

Although I've never used the following company ( http://www.torontogoldbullion.com/products/silver.html  )  I am looking to them to make some purchases of additional 10-oz silver bars. In addition to the RCM 10ozers they carry the Scottsdale Silver Stackers for ~ 113.7 pounds (today) and the NTR 2015 Year of the Goat 10 oz bars for 104.3 pounds (using a conversion of  $1 CDN = 0.55 pounds ...this does not take into consideration of any currency conversion transaction cost which would typically be 2.5%) ..

Cheers,

Luker

APMEX deliver to Canada, and across North America this is probably the cheapest and most convenient way to get what you want in one hit as the range they have is second to none.

Although you can pay be credit card, officially the card must be registered to the address which the coins will be delivered. That said I buy on a UK credit card and  have this authorize by 'Verified by Visa.' In turn I have had items delivered to Virginia, Florida, Vancouver and even Saudi Arabia and have had no hitches.

THe other option is of course to get your friend to buy and for you to reimburse 

That's a bit risky, when I came back from USA this year they had looked inside my case

The US is a different case entirely. The TSA does not operate in Canada.

Would your friend want to do this for you anyway? I have thought about asking Strenue to send me a bar from Oz.

Strenue hasn't been around for a few weeks mind. Might be on holiday.

Archived