• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Doomsday Package

HighlandTiger

Hehe I noticed that too, pretty clever..they say its tongue in cheek but they are still using the message to plant a seed and make sales - the prepper in me says Sovereigns are much better, more divisible , standard size and measurement, easier to spot fakes. 

I Don't trust anything that's packaged or in a certi-card, we know fake products like this are coming out of china and I don't want any chances. 

Sovereigns and Britannia's will be the only gold I ever stack :)

I have gone as far as to have about 10kg of the old pre decimal penny's and half penny's, I think in any large scale SHTF situation they would have their place again.

Lol, you and me are so similar.

I must have about 10kg of pre-1992 copper 1p & 2p's.

Stacker since 2013

Hehe:) I just cant help but wonder if they will be looked back on as when coins had "semi valuable" metal in the coins rather than plated zinc lol.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if at some point all metal money is withdrawn and replaced with plastic coin tokens..Lets face it the point of metal money was originally so the coin had intrinsic value and that's long since gone now.

it is my thought only , but the more I think about it  the more I think they can kick the can down the road forever, all these so called experts make these predictions week in week out pm,s are going to do this and that

the mining costs are ,more than it sells for , ase sales are at the highest .blah blah blah.    I have now become very sceptical about any major event, financial collapse, dollar crash, I think this will go on forever , so for now  craig will be buying not as often ,  as I think the pm,s will still be in my possession in 30 yrs time  so no panic just yet then

doomsday package , give us a break .....     its all scaremongery from pm gurus who probably have an interest in you buying silver from them

im sitting on the fence for now  at this rate we.ll be at £8  with no major event, sub prime , nothing whatsoever

ill keep my cash for now and wait like the croc

And the same reason I bought a load of threepences, sterling and 50%. Nicely small incase 1oz coins are worth too much.

This makes me smile. Of course, total strangers in some "post event" world will be delighted to hand over real goods for some old coins that stopped circulating before they were born. 

"but it's 50% silver"

"doesn't look it"

"but it is, it's pre-1947!"

"listen, nerd, I want money. Do you want this toilet roll or not? "

You don't know that will be the case, just like I don't know if they will be accepted.

I'd rather have them than not have them, just incase. I bought them pretty much at spot, so it's of no significance - I haven't paid out more for them than the 1oz coins I would have bought, less in fact.

Stacker since 2013

Why are people obsessed with toilet rolls when it comes to doomsday scenarios. I won't be swapping anything for toilet rolls. I'll be using leaves in an outside toilet. Toilet tolls will be no use. Are people really going to waste water flushing toilets. If they work at all that is.

Toilet roll is not just for wiping your arse on; it's very versatile.

Even without a working flush toilet, you can still wipe with it, then either bag it or bury it.

Hang it out to dry then use the other side. Times are gonna be tough!

Not to worry, mate. I can just buy more with my pre-decimal coins - in this terrible post apocalypse world where most trade goods will be in the hands of numismatists and silver stackers. Alternatively I will wow them with my incredible performing tortoise and accept tips in toilet paper and razor blades.

Archived