• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

premium coins that are good value now and future

craig12

I wasn't talking about you Moterbikez, You know your coins, and your astute.

There are people who think coins can be flipped to make a quick profit what they don't see is the hours collectors like you spend searching for the right coins because you enjoy it and the research needed.  

I suppose you are right to say no one will lose there shirt if they invest only £300 on 6 Kooks the most they will lose is £180 (worse case) if they damage the coins and the bottom falls out the market. the potential up side of doubling there money too.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are people who think coins can be flipped to make a quick profit what they don't see is the hours collectors like you spend searching for the right coins because you enjoy it and the research needed.  

You are correct Pipers you get out of things what you put in,but the best reason to buy a coin in my book is if you like it, but I am first & foremost a collector.My advice to anyone wanting to flip proofs is buy something you would be happy to keep, then if you have made a mistake you are still happy. :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• 1 month later...

OK guys it looks like the 2oz Kook proofs especially the later 2000-2005 are off the good value menu now,I hope some of you managed to get the the odd coin or two,£200 plus is the new de fault price for the later

2 ozers due to a big US interest in them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141685392424?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I do however think this guy is off his head with the asking price of this set in the US

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Australia-2-Coin-Silver-Kookaburra-Proof-Set-/131521875742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9f508f1e

i dipped my toe into 5 mark german coins after seeing a salavite metal you tube vid i think my best buy was around £14 i use the numista to find the lower mintages then search for em on e bay

Which one did you buy for £14?

Stacker since 2013

1903a £12.50 plus postage so probably more like £14.99  sorry this wasnt a low mintage one it was about 3 million i think , i was meaning as of now i use numista to find the lower mintages  i think 1876a rings a bell

i dipped my toe into 5 mark german coins after seeing a salavite metal you tube vid  i think my best buy was around £14  i use the numista to find the lower mintages then search for em on e bay

27.78g of 0.900 silver for £14. That's equivalent to £17.40 an ounce.

The moral of the story.......Stop watching You Tube "experts"... ;) 

Was this the eagle given away only to those few who bought the gold set and requested the free eagle? Most didn't ask for it and now the most valuable eagle?

OK guys it looks like the 2oz Kook proofs especially the later 2000-2005 are off the good value menu now,I hope some of you managed to get the the odd coin or two,£200 plus is the new de fault price for the later

2 ozers due to a big US interest in them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141685392424?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I do however think this guy is off his head with the asking price of this set in the US

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Australia-2-Coin-Silver-Kookaburra-Proof-Set-/131521875742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9f508f1e

@motorbikez

Is this a good deal for somebody?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Australien-Kookaburra-2-Silber-Unzen-1997-PP-50157-/361320027292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item54205a149c

@HelpingHands It is a reasonable price if I hadn't got it I would certainly buy that at the asking price Personally I see that coin around the £150 mark.Mintage as a single is 650 which is what collectors of the 2 ozers prefer.Anyone considering buying it ask what the obverse is like but i wouldn't take too long as it will sell fairly quickly IMHO

Archived