• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BullionVault

collector301

Anybody invested in any gold or silver with  BullionVault?

I wasn't initially as their vault was in London. I have an account with Goldmoney instead with my metal stored abroad.

Bullionvault have a very tight spread mind I think they now offer overseas storage.

Just joined the one thousand club.

I have an account with them. Very pleased so far: Website and app are easy to use and customer service has proved to be good . I did have silver with them initially but vault fees are quite expensive for silver, so now I only hold gold with them.

Vault locations all over the world now, so very easy to be picky about where you store your metal and even have multiple locations with only a single storage charge.

sorry guys to sound stupid, isnt this against the stackers/collectors/gurus/  principles          if you dont hold it you dont own it

why have stock thats not in your posession

Yep you are totally right.........BUT......................................it doesn't hurt to have a little dabble in the world of make believe silver and gold  ;)

As for the guru's , well if you are actually listening to them then all hope is lost...... :D

but its not an eft is it , isnt it youre buying stock in a vault or have i got that wrong

Well that is what they tell me, it is supposed to be in a vault. But, I mean, it's not as though I'm actually going to pop over to Zurich to have a look at my little stack of PM's with a sticker with my name on it attached, now am I.

There could be bugger all in that vault for all I know. We are playing with figures on a computer screen nothing more. With the option at any time to have it delivered to our homes, (for a smallish fee of course). 

I've some gold and silver since 2 years ago, it is useful for trading between both metals depending on the Gold/Silver Ratio. This weekend I sold half of my gold and bought silver (GSR>71); the rest when/if GSR reaches the 80 threshold.

There could be bugger all in that vault for all I know. We are playing with figures on a computer screen nothing more. With the option at any time to have it delivered to our homes, (for a smallish fee of course).

The vaults are independently audited, so I would rather hope the metal is actually present. Fort Knox is not audited as frequently as the Brinks vaults.

On the free silver they give you; sell it immediately and make a deposit, enough to get your first gold ounces. You really don't want to use BV for small amounts of silver because of the higher vault fees.

i have used both bullionvault and goldmoney.  could not fault either company.

one time i had used goldmoney to remove some cash to settle a tax bill

from my requesting actioning the sale of metals and processing of funds to my bank it was same working day (it was only around 4 hours if i recall rightly) very slick service

it is about spreading your possible 'perceived' risk

all your stack in one place could be robbed?

all your cash in one bank could be bailed in?

all your investments in stocks a black monday event occurs?

all you cash in peer to peer lending and it all goes t*ts up?

i feel assured by the both companies are legit and above board, do i trust each with 100% absolute certainty they are pristine legit - NO, do i trust one over another NO, do i have everything i have allocated to them NO, do i have money in several other investments YES.

Its all about spreading your 'potential perceived risk'

Archived