• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Nectar points

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody collect Swagbucks?

I have am waiting on receiving my first £5 paypal voucher and I am on my way to getting my second.

Hopefully with collecting Nectar points,my cash back credit card and Swagbucks I should be able to buy some cheap bullion.

Swagbucks might not be for everyone as it can be time consuming for meagre rewards but it is something you can do while surfing the net. 

Does anybody collect Swagbucks?

I have am waiting on receiving my first £5 paypal voucher and I am on my way to getting my second.

Hopefully with collecting Nectar points,my cash back credit card and Swagbucks I should be able to buy some cheap bullion.

Swagbucks might not be for everyone as it can be time consuming for meagre rewards but it is something you can do while surfing the net.

I haven't got on that well with swag bucks. Got up to £10 tried to cash them with PayPal and no luck. Haven't bothered since. On opinion outpost and they pay direct into PayPal account

I am going to set myself a challenge of buying 500oz of Silver under spot by using Swagbucks,Nectar points and credit card cashback.

The majority will be bought from Silver-to-go but I hope to average 2-3 free ounces per month buying off eBay using my paypal gift cards off swagbucks and using my nectar points.

For every 20oz I buy from Silver-to-go I will need to get 5-6 free ounces off eBay which I think is quite possible.

I think that anyone who has a high cost per ounce should have a look at the Nectar/Swagbucks route as a couple of free ounces per month is very achievable.

Collecting Swagbucks can be laborious but combined with Nectar points it can be effective.

Also anyone starting to collect swagbucks make sure you use the same email address as the one you use for your paypal account so they can pay the money into your paypal. 

Guys if you use point earning sites swagbucks is really bad, This one is vastly better :)

http://www.points2shop.com?ref=MrMadhatter

Screen grab of my profile..

post-117-0-99409400-1433371093.jpg

That link is a referral link, if you sign up using that link and compete an offer i get $1.50 withdraw able to paypal;)

ps. I was only active for a year or so..had i kept it up that would be 2k dollars.

Guys if you use point earning sites swagbucks is really bad, This one is vastly better :)

http://www.points2shop.com?ref=MrMadhatter

Screen grab of my profile..

attachicon.gifprofile.jpg

That link is a referral link, if you sign up using that link and compete an offer i get $1.50 withdraw able to paypal;)

ps. I was only active for a year or so..had i kept it up that would be 2k dollars.

This is the first time I have ever signed up to a points scheme so I don't know if Swagbucks is good or bad as I have nothing to compare it to.

It seems to have a strong following amongst people on the moneysavingsexpert site so it probably isn't that bad.

Swagbucks isnt a bad site as such, its just more style than substance, offers pay less "points" and prizes cost more - So it takes longer to get anywhere. Points2shop is much better, you can set it to pay in dollars and then for surveys you get paid in cash that is instantly withdrawable (for a 10 cent fee if under 10 dollars) also the referral program is bad with limited earnings, p2s is better with unlimited.

Swagbucks best bit is the toolbar that can pay points for searches, that's the only decent thing,swagbucks tv can also be watched whilst doing other things but alot of hassle for little reward. the rest is underpaid compared to others. (unless they have upped their pay but i doubt it) 

Both sites usually have the exact same offers, so its worth checking the difference in pay..here is some screengrabs I just got to show you what I mean. As you can see on swagbucks you are sometimes getting as much as half the points, This is swagbucks being greedy taking a bigger commision.

http://www.points2sh...ref=MrMadhatter

trial pay

post-117-0-94068500-1433494198_thumb.png

post-117-0-01601800-1433494205_thumb.png

Peanut labs

post-117-0-00212300-1433494213_thumb.jpg

post-117-0-33106000-1433494210_thumb.jpg

Swagbucks isnt a bad site as such, its just more style than substance, offers pay less "points" and prizes cost more - So it takes longer to get anywhere. Points2shop is much better, you can set it to pay in dollars and then for surveys you get paid in cash that is instantly withdrawable (for a 10 cent fee if under 10 dollars) also the referral program is bad with limited earnings, p2s is better with unlimited.

Swagbucks best bit is the toolbar that can pay points for searches, that's the only decent thing,swagbucks tv can also be watched whilst doing other things but alot of hassle for little reward. the rest is underpaid compared to others. (unless they have upped their pay but i doubt it) 

Both sites usually have the exact same offers, so its worth checking the difference in pay..here is some screengrabs I just got to show you what I mean. As you can see on swagbucks you are sometimes getting as much as half the points, This is swagbucks being greedy taking a bigger commision.

http://www.points2sh...ref=MrMadhatter

trial pay

attachicon.gif1.png

attachicon.gif2.png

Peanut labs

attachicon.gifswag.jpg

attachicon.gifpoints.jpg

Thank you I will have a look at this site also,and I will use your referral code if I sign up.

I think if you can have multiple streams of income there is a good chance of making £30 plus per month to subsidise any Silver purchases.

• 5 months later...
Nectar keeps telling me that my password is wrong today.

Last time I made a note so I wouldn't forget it so I'm fairly sure it's correct.

If anyone has a go, please confirm or deny.

The app won't log me in either, probably just a temporary glitch.

Stacker since 2013

I had an offer for (maybe) 1000 extra points for just selling something this weekend.

The highs and lows of ebay consist of enjoying watch people buy your worthless tat to then be overcome with dread at the thought of packing it all up, going to the post office and telling them what is in every parcel and 'no, I don't want a credit card or life insurance'.

Luckily, the one I'm passing tomorrow has a self service machine.

• Founder & Administrator

Topic moved from 'Silver' to 'General Precious Metals' as this topic relates to both Gold & Silver.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 3 months later...

A little while ago I used some nectar points converted to an ebay voucher.  For some reason the payment status read as 'pending' as I was to see that my Echeque was waiting to clear.  Echeque! I proclaimed.

I didn't understand why I had to wait for my funds to transfer from my bank account to my paypal before the seller would receive the funds.  I doesn't happen on other purchases.  The only thing I could think of was that it was a foreign order.

Now it's happened again with a nectar/ebay voucher but with a UK seller and I have to wait 7-9 days whilst it's pending.

What the Johnny Bojangles is this about?  Is the lesson that if you use a nectar/ebay voucher then you should fund the payment with a credit card through paypal?

This isn't going to help much, but I used a nectar points to Ebay voucher last night, UK seller, £121 price, and it went through as normal. Perhaps yours was a larger amount?

Archived