• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why Did The FTSE 100 Drop So Much!

Are the markets getting jittery, are they about to collapse!!!

Just checked my shares and they are down a fair bit.

I wanted to know why so started to look and found this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-2793943/bis-warns-violent-market-crash-investor-confidence-share-prices-fall.html

Now I need to position myself to buy more should this materialise.

And you know if it does happen, PM's well lets just wait and see.

when the 'big crash/event' happens in the financial system like the 2008 crash, it will come like a thief in the night and you will only find out about it though the controlled mainstream media once it has actually happened

take you pick of an arm full of reasons what could set it off libya, syria, iran, israel, derivatives, terrorist attack, isis, IS, ISL, bank collapse, ebola spreading, another fukishima, country defaulting on debts, more reckless money printing

if you know in your heart of hearts something is wrong, get you money out of the stock market while and take your profits while on a high

What can people with pensions do in the UK? Most people don't seem to get involved here like the Americans do. Can you call up your pension company and lock in profits?

I don't have one.

Nor do I. One of my work colleagues who is 64 I think, he has seven different pensions. I was going to say something to him about that but I didn't get

round to it. He's in for a nasty surprise I reckon.

I sold my entire portfolio a month ago.. more than 25k.. because something was telling me that five years of gains was not normal... and here I am..

Me too 4 months ago with some nice profits

Bought silver and gold and sat waiting on the roller coaster for the next ride

I sold my entire portfolio a month ago.. more than 25k.. because something was telling me that five years of gains was not normal... and here I am..

I am sititing on around 16k, Dooooh

Maybe I should have bailled out too.

Nor do I. One of my work colleagues who is 64 I think, he has seven different pensions. I was going to say something to him about that but I didn't get

round to it. He's in for a nasty surprise I reckon.

He probably still wouldn't have acted like the people I've spoken too.

Ian King at half six sky news might be worth a watch.

Why has the stockmarket dropped so much? Because one stockbroker shouted jump, and the rest of the lemmings followed him over the edge.

Shares are nothing more than a posh mans version of betting on the horses. Both are full of chancers and gamblers, they all think they can beat the system, and in reality only about 0.1% will ever make a decent profit.

Only one rule you need to know about stockmarkets, is that they will all eventually recover, whether it be in 1 year or 5 years or 10 years. If you've missed a profit making selling opportunity, chalk it up to experience. Leave your portfolio as it is, and in a few years time you'll be back in the black again.

Why has the stockmarket dropped so much? Because one stockbroker shouted jump, and the rest of the lemmings followed him over the edge.

Shares are nothing more than a posh mans version of betting on the horses. Both are full of chancers and gamblers, they all think they can beat the system, and in reality only about 0.1% will ever make a decent profit.

That's the rich  and well connected folk who are privy to inside information.

It's no coincidence that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John Kerry, etc are rich as they have foreknowledge of policy decisions.

It's no coincidence that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John Kerry, etc are rich as they have foreknowledge of policy decisions.

Errrrmmmmmm isn't that called insider trading and illegal. :angry:

Exactly the same as professional gamblers with their inside knowledge of horses and stables. 

Archived