• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Valcambi Combies or Similar

Shamatti

Can anyone recommend either a cheap way to buy Valcambi Combibars - gold and silver - or a cheaper alternative of the same or similar design. The premiums on these are always huge. But I need stuf like this for my bug out bag! lol

I am interested in 1g X 20 for gold and 10g X 10 for the silver.

Anyone want to group buy on these?

Recommendations for dealers with good deals or alternative brands would be very much appreciated.

Got one to sell? PM me :)

Thanks

http://www.kettner-edelmetalle.de/goldbarren/20-g-Goldbarren/1011222-20-g-gold-tafelbarren-combibarren-valcambi.html

Currently €658.62 working out at around 8% over spot. £25.93/g or £806.5/oz

http://www.kettner-edelmetalle.de/Silberbarren/100-g-Silberbarren/337-10-x-10g-silber-combicoin-muenztafel.html

Currently €84.98 10 working out at around 97% over spot. £20.82/oz

One of the cheapest places to buy and since they stock both, the postage can be split 50/50.  Taking into account postage @€24.90 and €1.27:£1, fully landed they'll cost approx:

11% at £26.42/g or £821.67/oz for gold

125% at £23.87/oz for silver

I don't think a group buy is worth it unless there are enough people.  Postage works out at around £20 but it'll cost £7.15 to forward by Special Delivery.  Only have £6.40 saving each for 2 people, £8.50 each for 3 people and £9.60 each  for 4 people.  The savings will probably be worth it for anyone just wanting a silver combibar.

They do look very nice in hand and are professionally packaged.  The silver is worth it for the novelty but not for preservation/investment stacking.  The gold 50g can be had for 5.3% over spot before postage and I'll pick one up sometime next year (assuming I can afford it) as an add on to an order.

http://www.kettner-edelmetalle.de/goldbarren/20-g-Goldbarren/1011222-20-g-gold-tafelbarren-combibarren-valcambi.html

Currently €658.62 working out at around 8% over spot. £25.93/g or £806.5/oz

http://www.kettner-edelmetalle.de/Silberbarren/100-g-Silberbarren/337-10-x-10g-silber-combicoin-muenztafel.html

Currently €84.98 10 working out at around 97% over spot. £20.82/oz

One of the cheapest places to buy and since they stock both, the postage can be split 50/50.  Taking into account postage @€24.90 and €1.27:£1, fully landed they'll cost approx:

11% at £26.42/g or £821.67/oz for gold

125% at £23.87/oz for silver

I don't think a group buy is worth it unless there are enough people.  Postage works out at around £20 but it'll cost £7.15 to forward by Special Delivery.  Only have £6.40 saving each for 2 people, £8.50 each for 3 people and £9.60 each  for 4 people.  The savings will probably be worth it for anyone just wanting a silver combibar.

Morezone your a star! Thank you.

I hate those premiums on the silver! I am wondering if it wouldn't be a better idea to load up on some low premium bullion at smaller weights. I already have a tube of ½ ounce and a tube of ¼ ounce Noah's Arks. Premiums have to be less on those than on the Valcambi!! Although I note STG don't have ¼ ounce coins on their site.

For the gold a premium of 8% plus postage is not too bad. Especially considering what I want it for, and in the long run, it is retrievable. If spot goes up a little, and S does not H the F (lol) I reckon I can always sell that on for a profit.

I reckon that the prices won't go up too much over the next few weeks. If I wait until I get moved in to my new place here in Portugal and have it posted here, then I can pay from my new € bank account and not have to worry about exchange rates. Hadn't thought of that, Doh!!

Out of interest. I found this https://suissegold.com/product.php?productid=29314&cat=261&page=1

It is a 1 ounce Valcambi that breaks into 10 x 1/10 ounce bars. €1032.96 so much the same premiums as above. Another option though.

The 50 X 1 ounce is not much better premium either, just a few pence less.

Needlessly expensive, but a must have, I feel! Ho hum!

Thanks again mate!

I think the 1/4 coins is a better option. My tube of 1/4 Noah's cost around £18/oz back when silver was £12.50/£12 per oz.

I almost pulled the trigger on the 20 x 1g gold a few weeks ago while I was making an order with them. Postage would have effectively been free since it would have been a last minute add on but I just didn't have the money.

Yeah that's a good price on the ¼ ouncers.

I am digging around all over the place looking for the lowest possible premium fractional gold - sadly the two don't go together lol!

There are alternatives to Valcambi but the premiums are even worse! http://www.golddirect.pt/gdp/catalog/product/view/id/468/s/10-gram-gold-multicard-heraeus/category/47/

For going small on gold and silver I wouldn't look any further than half-sovs and old UK junk three/six pences.  I think these combi-bars are too much of an expensive novelty.

Maybe you can find some junk that would be more recognisable in your area of Europe.

No big fan of junk silver. I did just pick up some semi collectable 65% silver coins though, as I liked them, and I wanted to make my first Portuguese silver purchase. They were not a particularly good buy, but like I said, I just liked the look of them.

I am researching the silver content of coins here, and I think 68% seems to be the best I can find. As with the 6th coin in this picture, which is an ex legal tender coin from 1954. A bit like the old UK shillings which had a small silver content, I think?

post-8-0-45030900-1412453422_thumb.jpg

I have also been comparing the price of Valcambi with the price of fractional gold coins. There isn't as much in it as you might think...

The 20 Ounce Valcambi - as morezone said - is about 8% over spot:

1 gram gold bars about £29             19%

2.5 grams from about £71                17%

1/10 (3.12g) Britannia from    £87     15.3%

1/4 (7.8g) Britannia from £218          15.5%

Valcambi isn't looking so bad now huh? lol

I think you mean 20g Valcambi there.

8% is very reasonable for 1g fractions.

When it comes to silver I would get 1/4 Noahs.  €509.8 will get you 25oz (100 coins) delivered which at €1.27 will average £16.06/oz. Using a rate of €99.97 per tube of 20 and delivery at €9.95 for orders under €500.  Obviously it will change if spot goes up a little since this price is maximising postage with only 15 cent give.  While I'm writing the price started at €100.08, then €99.97 and now €99.82 but I'm not going to redo figures.

I think you mean 20g Valcambi there.

8% is very reasonable for 1g fractions.

When it comes to silver I would get 1/4 Noahs.  €509.8 will get you 25oz (100 coins) delivered which at €1.27 will average £16.06/oz. Using a rate of €99.97 per tube of 20 and delivery at €9.95 for orders under €500.  Obviously it will change if spot goes up a little since this price is maximising postage with only 15 cent give.  While I'm writing the price started at €100.08, then €99.97 and now €99.82 but I'm not going to redo figures.

Doh! Yes, 20grams lol

Where are you seeing those cheap ¼ coins? Kettners have them at €5.38.... Or is it just spot goi gup between you looking and me looking?

Archived