• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Premium Bonds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you get to see each number online on your account or is it all under your main number ? 

If I remember right they are in a successive block which you should get on a certificate.

Every time you reinvest or add winnings to your stack they send you a new certificate.

Sweet i do love a good check of the lotto so is right up my straight no brainier really 

should take me this year now to get some cash in there ready for next :] 

You don't have a set of numbers to check like the lottery though, you have 

an account number which tells you if you have one when you check it.

I just check my phone app, it takes 3 working days for it to register if you've won, not too

sure if the internet itself takes as long.  If you win the big one you get a visit lol!  :ph34r:

Haha ya i seen a thing if u wint u get a visit only wanna know u when you filthy rich lol 

If you have the cash to buy PBs then remember your new numbers only work starting in the month AFTER the month in which you make the purchase.

Buying at the start of the month means you wait almost 2 months before they are LIVE.

There is Premium Bond Prize Checker App that instantly tells you if you have won a prize.

You have to register and every month the info is available after about the 3rd working day ( or thereabaouts ).

You can also request an automatic email from "Ernie" which informs you whenever you win a prize but you have to login to NS&I to see the details - that's why the App is better for instant updates.

Good 'ol Ernie .... £25 win this month ... almost 2 oz of silver for nowt !!

well done dude Thats a 2 oz lunar right there :] 

I opened my account end of last month stuck 1k in there going to do a block of 4k this month now but wont be ready for Decembers draw :[ booooo lol

I must be unlucky I reckon.

Ya its just a punt aint it fact is few grand sitting in the bank earning no interest is better when u have a chance :] 

plus its always fun to look to see what you haven't won haha :]  you held yours for long dude ? 

Ya its just a punt aint it fact is few grand sitting in the bank earning no interest is better when u have a chance :]

plus its always fun to look to see what you haven't won haha :] you held yours for long dude ?

I've had a couple of thousand for a couple of years.

I thought they emailed you if you won. I have never checked any numbers.

Stacker since 2013

You can just type your nsandi number into the website and it tells you :] 

Ya it should just get payed in the bank suppose only 150 people or less gets lucking to bag over 5k in a month anyway so its more than likely youd lose more than win big haha 

I probably win 8 months out of 12 and have never had an email

I check on the bond checker and the cheques usually arrive from the 15th of the month

Mind if I ask how many you have to win that often?

So I don't need to check, just wait for the cheque to arrive?

Stacker since 2013

Mind if I ask how many you have to win that often?

So I don't need to check, just wait for the cheque to arrive?

I have around 25k

Yep your should just get a cheque.. If you win the biggy you'll get a knock at the door (not from me :-))

I have around 25k

Yep your should just get a cheque.. If you win the biggy you'll get a knock at the door (not from me :-))

Cheers pal.

I'll just wait for the postman. I have 10% the holdings you do, and you win every other month or so.

I'm due a win!!!!

Stacker since 2013

If you have premium bonds you should register on the NS&I website and get an NI number.

You can then login and check your prize and holding history.

You can also request payment direct into your bank account ( cheques do get lost in the post but rarely ) or additional premium bonds as long as you are not maxed out.

New bonds enter the draw instantly unlike new purchased bonds where there is at least a month's delay.

If you have an iPad there is free Prize checker App so each month you can see if you have won.

Also, after registering you can set up an email to be notified each month if you have won a prize.

Better having a few £k with a punt in premium bonds than in the bank with f*all !

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, ARGAR said:

Just bought 50k.

Was

getting bugger all interest in the bank. 

I may as well put it in bonds until I figure what I want to do with my cash.

I got 40k early this year.

Ive had 2x£25 the first month

£50 the second month

Buggar all the next 4 months but this month £100

Not earth shattering, but not bad.

Still check with excitement early every month to see if ive got a big win.

Hopefully make more than in the bank, but more importantly I cant blow it on gambling, out on the piss or gold.

Archived