• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommended reading for everyone on this forum

Pipers

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-news/silver-gold-013020152

According to the above silver is to average £10 this year and could see lows of £8.

Bring it on, I want to time that dip and purchase more ounces than I thought possible IF they are correct. Hopefully this would cause a physical squeeze and shortage and lead to defaults with the naked short sellers. (After I have reached my targets )

I have heard some of the Americans say that when prices were around $12 previously 2008/9? That physical silver could not be purchased anywhere near this as the premiums were much higher. Does that tally with folks this side of the pond?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I do look at that website on occasions, as I love the companies various departments. 

Buy Silver, Buy Gold, Buy Ammo, Buy Survival Food, Buy Colloidal Silver, Buy Tin Foil Hats.

Ok, so I made the last one up, but it's like Amazon for the SHTF'ers   :ph34r:  :D

I was not sure whether to put this in but it reminded me of the promises that the conservatives made when they first came to power and the easy ride the main stream press have given them.  (Please don't think I believe  Labour would any better I don't).

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/george-osborne-failure-public-trust.html

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/tory-contract-kick-us-out-in-5-years.html

I was not sure whether to put this in but it reminded me of the promises that the conservatives made when they first came to power and the easy ride the main stream press have given them.  (Please don't think I believe  Labour would any better I don't).

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/george-osborne-failure-public-trust.html

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/tory-contract-kick-us-out-in-5-years.html

I think half the problem was that the tories hadn't realised just how much a mess the country was in when they took over from Labour. It seems Labour were a bit cagey and had managed to hide the true nature of the shite the country was in. It's taken the tories longer than they expected to start climbing out of this mess, and it's cost more than they expected it to. You can't keep promises, when the goal posts were shifted the day they looked at the books on the first day they were in charge.

Gordon Brown has a lot to answer for, and not just for flogging all our gold at rock bottom prices. 

I think half the problem was that the tories hadn't realised just how much a mess the country was in when they took over from Labour. It seems Labour were a bit cagey and had managed to hide the true nature of the shite the country was in. It's taken the tories longer than they expected to start climbing out of this mess, and it's cost more than they expected it to. You can't keep promises, when the goal posts were shifted the day they looked at the books on the first day they were in charge.

Gordon Brown has a lot to answer for, and not just for flogging all our gold at rock bottom prices. 

Maybe Gordon had visited the vault with a hacksaw and thought he should shift what was inside double quick  :D

Maybe Gordon had visited the vault with a hacksaw and thought he should shift what was inside double quick  :D

I don't think there's any doubt that Gordon Brown was the worse PM we have had, certainly in living memory, and maybe of all time.

How that joker Balls expects the country to trust him with the economy after the instrumental part he played in the Brown government is beyond me!

Still the electorate have short memories but i really can't understand how an opposition led by that giant of politics Ed Milliband is even in the same race as the Tories.

Shows what a mess British politics is in.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Not sure about Brown being the worst Steve but its a close thing, Balls is a leading member of that scourge of modern times, a career politician. He could quite easily represent either of the three main parties as he has no real alliegance to any political doctrine. Apparently while at Oxford he was a member of the Liberal, Conservative and Labour club, and then of course there's that nazi uniform...

http://order-order.com/2012/10/01/balls-on-wearing-nazi-uniform-it-was-a-laugh/

Not sure about Brown being the worst Steve but its a close thing, Balls is a leading member of that scourge of modern times, a career politician. He could quite easily represent either of the three main parties as he has no real alliegance to any political doctrine. Apparently while at Oxford he was a member of the Liberal, Conservative and Labour club, and then of course there's that nazi uniform...

http://order-order.com/2012/10/01/balls-on-wearing-nazi-uniform-it-was-a-laugh/

It's not so much about his allegiances and behavior while a student; we're all allowed to be a little naive and wild. It's more the fact that he was so instrumental as an advisor to GB while he was Chancellor, refuses to admit the last Labour government had any responsibility for the mess we were in and blindly insists he would follow the same policies if he were given the chance again.

But yes, it's about time we got rid of the political class, simplified the Government process and had some MPs who knew a little about the real world running things.

I don't think there's any doubt that Gordon Brown was the worse PM we have had, certainly in living memory, and maybe of all time.

How that joker Balls expects the country to trust him with the economy after the instrumental part he played in the Brown government is beyond me!

Still the electorate have short memories but i really can't understand how an opposition led by that giant of politics Ed Milliband is even in the same race as the Tories.

Shows what a mess British politics is in.

Well he certainly wasn’t the best, people will argue who was the worst, it depends on your view point.  What are his biggest mistakes as PM

1  Saving Bankrupt banks.

2 Mortgaging future generations to save banks

As Chancellor he made far more mistakes   that were backed by the Conservative Party  all bar 1

1 De-regulation of the financial markets.

2 Letting the bank of England set interest rates, operational independence (independent of the Chancellor)

3 Reducing the tax burden when the country could not afford it.

4  Sold most of the Gold that was left at the bottom of the market (this is the only thing the Tories were against) this cost the country approx. 16 Billion pounds a massive mistake but know where near as big as the banking crisis that was backed by the Tories.

5 PFI  This is a conservative idea, because there was no money left after the Major Government for Hospitals Brown foolishly used PFI, This has cost a fortune to the NHS.

One more point that is never mentioned when talking about bad decisions and selling assets off cheaply.  The  1979-1997 Government took huge amounts of oil out of the north sea at very low prices $10 a barrel for years at a time, this cost our country vast sums of money.  We are I believe the only oil country that does not have a Wealth fund for its population because it was wasted by the 1979-1997 Government on propping up housing projects and neo-con/liberal ideas.  This cost our country far more wealth than Browns idiot decision to sell the Gold off.

As you can see there is not much difference between the 2 main parties!

The gold issue is small beer really, other than showing how intellectually challenged he was. I'm sure we all remember the "we've saved the world" gaff after the last bank crash.

Forget what happened prior to Blair's government, and I was certainly no fan of the Tories then. Blair and then Brown took a country with many advantages and an improving economy and essentially blew it, spinning and fiddling their way through 3 parliaments and all but bankrupting the country.

I may be being a little hard on GB though. Sure he wasn't good enough to be PM but Blair knew when to depart leaving him to face the music. Blair was very clever; a master at PR, running the show but giving the impression that GB was to blame for everything while he was Chancellor.

One thing I will give Brown credit for though, is stopping Blair taking us into the Euro. Whether he did this for the right reasons or just as part of his power games with Blair, who knows?

Archived