• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommended reading for everyone on this forum

Pipers

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the Q3 productivity  report. This used to be reported every month on the BBC not any more!  If you take the time to read the main points you will see how badly Great Britain is really doing. Even the so called good points aren't all that with the housing sector having had enormous help from diverted welfare funds that were then leveraged up by the banks.

Also could someone  help me,  the fact that most employees in the manufacturing ind who are low skilled now rely on welfare does this hide even worse productivity numbers or not.  

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_389391.pdf

Please note only manufacturing and services are net contributors 

I have put this clip by Adam Curtis in because I have been struggling over the past few years to make sense of the political, news reporting, financial landscape.  Adam Curtis has a go at explaining what is going on. 

This edition of the Keiser Report, Keiser interviews Alasdair Macleod who he disagrees with. Then later at 12.36 he interviews Chris powell  of GATA who has a big story that was uncovered that central  Banks are getting discounts on volume trading, no news org would run story.  There are also contributions from Reggie Middleton and Mark McGowan

I'm finding the following e-book a really fascinating read. It's from the past by Frederick Lewis Allen, "The Lords of Creation - The History of America's 1 Percent" published in 1935. A most interesting read.

Do you like Max Keiser Pipers?

I can't stand the bloke.

He makes me laugh Danny-boy, he also gives individuals who the main media won't touch or don't want to touch a go on his show. 

Thats how I heard of www.PositiveMoney.org and how I kept my investments out of fracking when all other media were full steam ahead. 

I think all in all his show is a positive for the UK. I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he is a capitalist who can see the majority are getting done over and he is making a TV show out of it.

Why can't you stand him is he to left wing? 

Not too sure where to put this so popped it in here.

Can gold help your investments shine...Bullion vault think so......

Here is the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/diyinvesting/article-2897181/There-s-plenty-worry-markets-2015-gold-help-investments-shine-year.html

Interesting chart in the article.

2473BCFE00000578-2897181-image-a-1_14205

It shows that 8 out of the last 10 years gold has well outperformed inflation. And that's all I need it to do  really

With the Swiss now folded at the Game of currency devaluing Poker Table, Is it now more likely Q.E. will happen next week in the Euro land. Will the Germans be happy with Q.E.? What will happen with Gold when and if Q.E is applied and if and when the U.S. will start Q.E.4 in June or September.

This addition of Boom  Bust puts forward 2 sides to the story plus a section on oil.

http://www.bulliondesk.com/gold-news/focus-gold-to-average-1-321oz-2015-silver-price-18-56oz-sharps-pixley-88394/

Interesting predictions for prices by Sharps Pixley

The gold price will average $1,321 per ounce in 2015, Sharps Pixley CEO Ross Norman said this week.

The metal could fall as low as $1,170 per ounce, Norman added, and climb to a high of $1,450, up significantly from the current level of around $1,260.

Silver will hit a high of $21.75 and a low of $14.50, with the metal currently trading around one month highs at $17 per ounce. -

So that is a price range of around £770-£960 for Gold and £10-14 for silver.Hopefully these predictions are not far off the mark, as I can certainly work with those figures, it also means we have to be ready for some big orders when it hits the lower end of these prices.

It is interesting to look at their 2014 predictions which were 

SILVER

High : $25.00   Low : $18.20

GOLD

High : $1350    Low : $1180

The actual figures were 

Silver

High $21.96      Low $15.39

Gold

High $1387       Low $1144

So they over estimated the price of silver in 2014, but weren't far off the mark with gold

Interesting chart in the article.

2473BCFE00000578-2897181-image-a-1_14205

It shows that 8 out of the last 10 years gold has well outperformed inflation. And that's all I need it to do  really

HT, How do they work out the interest on the Bonds.  Do they include all junk bonds and yields and Gilts, The reason I say this is because unlike Gold where the price goes up or down together Bonds are different for example an oil company may be offering some bonds at 30% and pay out inc yield at the end 35% (this is high risk) but there will only be a limited amount of these. On the other hand the German Gov are offering a Bond at -0.10 for 12 months there are endless amounts of this bond on offer.

Bad maths would be to add all the types of bonds up then divide to get a mean average this would be wrong. better to add all bonds sold that year inc to gov buy backs (Q.E) then divide, I bet the bond figure would be nowhere near the 24.13%,  Plus most investors never buy bonds rated as junk.  

This makes housing and Gold a better investment than they appear on the chart.

Whats your thoughts 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived