• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommended reading for everyone on this forum

Pipers

1 hour ago, ApisMellifera said:

I had to get the real book in my hands and found a nice old 2nd hand hardcover. I really like the name of the publisher, Common Sense Press :)

AS.gif

I am glad you got some value out it, it is still one of the most accessible books I have found for explaining some of the basic economic ideas. I am sure there are some Keynesian versions of those ideas but they don't sit too well with me, I much prefer the more logical Austrian school ideas which this book demonstrates very well.  Well done on finding a physical copy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he's wrong about the welfare states, can you imagine the reaction, IMO it will cause riots.  People pay Taxes and in the UK NI for a reason if the Government has wasted the money (we on here know they have) and there is not enough to pay for Pensions etc. Why then pay NI or TAX the contract has been broken. It would be like a person putting away 12% of earnings in a room (Gold) taking some out for health (6%) then at the end of  50 years going to the room and finding there was nothing there. How would you feel, now think if it happened to everyone at the same time!

@Pipers, you are being naive. The national insurance system in the UK is nothing more than a ponzi scheme. All of the money collected is spent to pay current pension and other liabilities. There is nothing in the 'room' at all and never was - it is all spent. The same applies to public sector pension schemes: some of them have a little funding, but not much. It is a huge additional off-balance sheet liability, amounting to approximately 1 trillion pounds, on top of the 1.5 trillion national debt. You cannot count on the government to pay you a pension. You will need to provide yourself with savings and investments for that purpose, and then the government will try to confiscate those savings to bail itself out of its debt. There is no win in this situation. Sorry to sound so downbeat, but there is no way this ends well.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Cointreau said:

Sweden wants to go cashless. Why else would they shut down this PM dealer?

http://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/sweden-gold-and-silver-dealer-shut-down-banking-system/

The bank said it was a general business decision.  I know that it the UK some customers got letters like this.  Once the bank makes up its mind there is no negotiation.  There is no address to contact, the telephone number they give goes straight to an answerphone.  All I would say here is that the banksters get to play the role of a villain, but they don't like it (whether guilty or not) when customers act in a way they deem suspicious. 

Poor show in this case, like the Boris decision, unlikely we will find out the real reason for some of these freaky incidents.

1 hour ago, Element47 said:

The silver bomb, written a year or two ago, it's all coming true, amazing book

I'll take your word on this, just ordered a copy.

On 11 July 2016 at 06:06, Element47 said:

It's amazing history of silver, then goes into all the modern reasons to be bullish about silver, list is endless.

It just arrived today, looking forward to reading it.

Grant Williams - always a good listen for his opinions and analysis.  Nearly one hours worth of up to date facts and info to digest.

He is very easy on the ear if you're not one for too much technical info or haven't heard him before

• 2 weeks later...

Archived