• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommended reading for everyone on this forum

Pipers

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35373365

Draghi's quote says it all really, it should send a chill down the collective spine.

"We have the power, willingness and determination to act. There are no limits how far we are willing to deploy our policy instruments," Mr Draghi said.

i would say it is almost certain that negative interest rates are on the way. As the article highlights, banks themselves are given negative rates to park their funds with the ECB overnight

their policies may stand a chance of working if it were not for the fact that every other central bank on the globe is doing the same as they/we are. Begger thy neighbour, a race to the bottom, here we go again!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

How do people put up with all these people....Draghi, Lagarde Juncker etc etc.....they were never elected by the people in a common vote and yet rule over all of Europe it seems....what on earth is happening over there.....ironic that the cradle of democracy, Greece was the first to suffer as a result ?

31 minutes ago, Oldun said:

How do people put up with all these people....Draghi, Lagarde Juncker etc etc.....they were never elected by the people in a common vote and yet rule over all of Europe it seems....what on earth is happening over there.....ironic that the cradle of democracy, Greece was the first to suffer as a result ?

well there's a growing body of opinon that wants us to leave the EU, and a well argued proposal that we ought to abolish the BoE, or certainly take away any political influence it currently possesses.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 2 weeks later...

The Wall Street broker is an arrogant a***, even if you don't agree with Schiff, at least he has some grace about him. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

These "sensationalistic" articles really are appalling; they can't even get a grasp on basic arithmetic.

"The firm has sold 4,000 gold bars and coins since February 1, a 40pc rise on the same period a year ago when it sold 1,500" (sic)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35668277

just what the banksters are banking on. I think scuzzle and others have made the point well previously that it is being subtly and systematically worked on. Not only are they hoping the younger generation will be used to no cash in the years to come, it appears to be working for most people. Even my Mum and her husband who are in their 70's and 80's have embraced the ease of this system.  

14 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

How close do you have to get for contactless to work?

If I put a hand held debit machine near somebody's pocket could I steal a sale?

You need to be pretty close but that is easily done in a busy train/tube.... or just walk past some one and swipe the reader.

I have found more info about that ... and will about to post links on here too but my computer is a bit moody and is loading slow etc.

Google search or youtube "Contactless pick-pocketing" or "Contactless theft"

I've also recently watched a Dutch consumer watchdog vid where they tested  the contactless cards and also managed to get over the cap... there doesn't seem to be a cap.

15 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I might have to take the tinfoil off my head and put it in my pocket.

Yep, put some tinfoil in your wallet and then try and use a contactless point of sales (card reader).  If it doesn't work

you are safe. Failing that, buy a metal card holder. I personally would prefer the former option as I like my wallet.

Archived