• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 Oz versus Sovereigns

BaldyBob

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait... am I missing something here? What's so special about a 2013 Brit?

Off the top of my head the only thing I know different is that they are the first to be 24k and not 22k

Which I suppose is a significant thing 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Chards are quite funny, from their site  :lol:

The purity of both the silver and gold Britannias appears to have affected the quality and relief of the coins. We believe that some chocolate coins have a higher releif than the 2013 gold Britannia and many people at The World Money Fair in Berlin agreed with us.

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

They're special cos I say they are. Lol!

They're still the favourite coins in my collection. Better than anything else I got.

Better than my gold panda, roo, ellie and buffalo.

They're unique cos 2013 is the only year when the Brits were minted in the larger diameter.

in my Opinion as a newbie (whos opinion may upset others), I think that Sovs or fractions of an Oz or even Grams are better than Larger denominations.

same as for silver I won`t go above 1Kg and I limit those to 3 bars, I`ll make the rest of my stack up in smaller amounts from now on.

Gold`s worth more than Silver, using the ratio then, if 1Kg of silver is £500 and 1Oz of Gold is £750... then Offloading this later will present similar problems!

and such a fuss is made of 1Kg bars of Silver at 500 that 1 Oz at half as much again will present More!

so smaller demoninations for greater metal density would be the most logical path surely?

Offloading this later will present similar problems!

I assume you mean if spot goes up a lot? I don't see that

If the price sky rockets that means demand is high 

If demand is high then they wont be too hard to sell  

I assume you mean if spot goes up a lot? I don't see that

If the price sky rockets that means demand is high

If demand is high then they wont be too hard to sell

Agree with this completely.

I remember near £30 a couple of years ago, people were buying in droves.

Stacker since 2013

They're special cos I say they are. Lol!

They're still the favourite coins in my collection. Better than anything else I got.

Better than my gold panda, roo, ellie and buffalo.

They're unique cos 2013 is the only year when the Brits were minted in the larger diameter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  so good that you feel you need to sell ?? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

How about 1/4oz versus sovs.

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/small-britannias/2014-quarter-ounce-britannia-gold-coins/

I didn't know they were minting these.  A sov wins though.

I like them but do agree with you HH, the sovereigns are better, far more choice.

That said I would not mind one of each year to add to the gold stack.

If they only started them in 2014 then they will be easy to collect, I buy one now and have the set, until the next one is issued.

The thing is 1/4 oz of gold is a very nice size coin for any situation. SHTF, to collect, to just admire.

Just an update.

Having handled a Sovereign, they just don't feel substantial enough to me. So I have decided  I will only buy Gold when I can afford to get a whole, or maybe half Oz. This is great news to Keith I imagine :)

Silver will have to be my 'fractionals'

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Just an update.

Having handled a Sovereign, they just don't feel substantial enough to me. So I have decided  I will only buy Gold when I can afford to get a whole, or maybe half Oz. This is great news to Keith I imagine :)

Silver will have to be my 'fractionals'

Thanks for that all the more precious for meeeeeeeee. :lol:

I like 1oz, sov's and double sov's, the 1/2 sov's are a bit to small for me to collect. It goes without saying if a 1/2 sov came on the market at the right price I would buy it.

I have found it easier to sell fractional Gold compared to 1oz Gold, mostly because there are more buyers.  Anyone else had the same experience?  

Archived