• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal mint sells bullion direct to the public

motorbikez

Royal mint bullion

The name of the Royal mint's new venture, selling gold and silver bullion coins direct to the public. Having had a cursory glance at the prices, they don't seem too bad by RMs standards anyway.

Also has a storage facility and buyback facility.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I can`t decide if bringing the idea of PM ownership to the general public as an option is a good idea or not?

You and me both,on the one hand more public awareness of PMs may/should be good for the collecting market down the road a bit,on the other hand if PMs tank public will be crying into their beer.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Tried to create an account just to see prices... would not work as ...

"There is information on this page that is required or not properly provided. Please correct the following and resubmit the page:

• First Name may contain only alphanumeric characters, spaces, single periods, hyphens and apostrophes."

Simon doesn't work and its my only first name.  Probably not worthwhile anyway.

If anyone registers and puts in a fake order to the basket let us know if VAT goes on at the end.

It says on the site that international buyers won't pay VAT but they may be subject to import duty in their own country.  This makes me even more sure that the prices are before VAT.  I hope to be proved wrong though.

I think they wanted I.D for orders of any amount on their old bullion link.  I wonder if that procedure has continued over.

£19 is the site price for a single Brit. Remember they are currently offering 'free postage'.

We should thank the BBC for getting 'Surrey-based financial adviser Martin Bamford' to inform us that 'gold can go up but it can plummet as well'.

Why so dramatic when describing a fall Martin? Why not say 'gold can go up but it can go down as well' or 'gold can go through the roof but it can plummet as well'.

Why Martin, why?

Gold prices not that competitive at first glance.

Agree with BB here. Can get a better rate on 2014 Sovs or lunar horse at GBC or Atkinsons...

Also the first break for volume orders is at 25x, at least for Sovs. I will avoid and stick with the players that allowed us to buy online in the first place.

Public awareness is a good thing as it fuels demand.

When it is time to start unloading silver coins hopefully there will be more buyers bidding so can only help push the price up a bit.

BullionbyPost has been advertising on national TV for about a year now.

Lots of small time buyers keep the wheels in motion.

Seasoned stackers fear not as there is plenty to go round.

Archived