• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I buy and silver goes down. Sound Familiar?

crazy hippo

I  buy and silver goes down.

I got a kilo at 11.53 and looking at it now its 11.37.

I know its chump change compare to the guys that picked up at 15+ and took great hits.

but post your sob stories here.

Any advice from the more experienced stackers to test the lows. best time of day to buy.... ANY advice to stop this happening?

Dude you have no idea!!!

I started to buy in 2012. £21 to £22 per ounce spot!!!  Check out how prices have fallen since then!!! A few pence up or down here or there is nothing, you could gain it all back next week.

In the long run we will all make money of this. Don't sweat the little changes! :)

spot price only really matter if your actually scrapping your stuff today 

If your buying silver you always pay a premium even on maples they are £2-3 over spot each without vat then postage on top so maby £4 over spot 

lunar stuff is nearly £6-9 over spot if u buy in bulk u get a bit off but still alot over spot 

i just got 40 uk lunar horses at £18 each inc delivery ect which is £6-7 over spot each !! so if silver goes back to 15-20 per oz ill be ok if there is a demand for these coins over the years ill be ok maby in 20-30 silver will be a bit higher than £30 a oz and i would of doubled my money 

just better buying some premium coins as well as bullion grade always fun to look at and hold and keep and eye on the market :] 

spot price only really matter if your actually scrapping your stuff today 

For me this is why I think you should only put a small % of your savings into PM's

When you finally cash out it should be because you want to, not because you have to

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

For me this is why I think you should only put a small % of your savings into PM's

When you finally cash out it should be because you want to, not because you have to

Pretty much agree I think we all have different thought on when we would sell and why ect 

For me its more of a retirement thing in 20-30 years it would be ace to have 1000oz of silver and some gold to be able to sell to pass down keep hold of make like a bit more comfortable so todays prices are really cheap imo :]  

Pretty much agree I think we all have different thought on when we would sell and why ect 

For me its more of a retirement thing in 20-30 years it would be ace to have 1000oz of silver and some gold to be able to sell to pass down keep hold of make like a bit more comfortable so todays prices are really cheap imo :]  

Cycles though isn't it

Maybe Silver will hit it's peak in the next 10 years and that will be the time to sell

Or perhaps cycles are out the window with industrial use and it will just increase in value hmm

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Cycles though isn't it

Maybe Silver will hit it's peak in the next 10 years and that will be the time to sell

Or perhaps cycles are out the window with industrial use and it will just increase in value hmm

Lets say you had 1000oz and silver hit £30 an oz one day in the next 20 years and buy selling maby 800oz = youd get 24k and you could pay the mortgage off  i would and id be left with 200oz to hold onto which is basically free silver you can hold onto sell when u need 

Its all about personal aim in live i suppose :]

got to say im the other way , if you have a constant eye on spot price , yes you know your paying a premium plus vat if silver  or not if gold

but by checking spot  the sites that are live pricing , you can buy lower if a dealers price is in line with spot falling ,

that's why I follow spot 

got to say im the other way , if you have a constant eye on spot price , yes you know your paying a premium plus vat if silver  or not if gold

but by checking spot  the sites that are live pricing , you can buy lower if a dealers price is in line with spot falling ,

that's why I follow spot 

Ya it always helps i think this week has been a good time to buy spot has been down to 11.18 today thing is we all have to have cash on the hip ready to splash soon as a dip hits i got a set limit i only really bought these lunars as they will be gone buy the end of the year and hard to find so in situations like this u cant really wait for the spot price to much as they will be sold out or before you know it 

over 40 premium coins i saved £25 waiting 2 weeks later but i was watching the quantity on a daily basis was 150 in stock a week ago sold out today so i had to order to get the coins i wanted before they where gone at that price

Yeah as long as your buying for the right reasons ie long-term it doesn't really matter. It's still part of the fun trying to catch dips and studying all the traders advice though.

I do have a one ounce bar I brought a year a go. My first pm purchase, £862 I paid for it. Ever since then spots never been that high and that one ounce bar has caused me pain when my other ounces were all brought for between £756 and £811 mark.

Archived