• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The South Africa 5 shilling has been sold! (Did anybody on here snaffle it?)

They are very underrated coins in my opinion,they have the Coert Steynburg Springbok design on them which was later used on the Gold Krugerrand.

The 1947-50 are 80% Silver and the 1951-60 are 50% Silver.

The South Africa 5 shilling has been sold! (Did anybody on here snaffle it?)

They are very underrated coins in my opinion,they have the Coert Steynburg Springbok design on them which was later used on the Gold Krugerrand.

The 1947-50 are 80% Silver and the 1951-60 are 50% Silver.

i'd have bought it if I'd have seen your post earlier. I tried to buy some of these ages ago and got outbid, dropped off my radar since though.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Is anybody having a go at this lunar series one BU mouse?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Silver-Lunar-Year-of-the-Mouse-1-oz-coin-Series-1-Rare-/171735612976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27fc3d7e30

The seller only has a feedback of 1 so maybe some people will be reluctant to bid. They have a 2oz BIN ox and a 2007 koala.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/booklady_international/m.html?item=171735612976&hash=item27fc3d7e30&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I was going to bid on the mouse but won't now as funds are going elsewhere. I'm not sure what they go for.

P.s. I just did an advance search to find an old sold BIN. How long do with think this was listed for? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-oz-silver-Dollar-MINT-condition-2008-Year-of-Rat-mouse-/271784963187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f47a56c73&nma=true&si=9ULYgINVABKMqVm7opa7%252BlRl76Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Shes's had the ox up before and then ended the auction early and now its back up at the priced you'd expect

Thats a silly price for the ox in my opinion, and only worth 60% of what they are asking for it (delivered).

For the record, I'm going for the mouse.

Stacker since 2013

Yep. I thought nobody else would see it and I'd get it for a few quid. No chance.

So did I, but then somebody posted it up on a silver forum [emoji1]

I saw the old ox listing I think it was an auction with a BIN.

How much was the BIN last time? Remember?

Stacker since 2013

This does highlight a point actually. I'm all in favour of people giving a heads up about deals that are readily available to everyone, but when it's a one-off ebay listing or something similar like a one-off HGM item, it could be argued it's a little unfair to those who put the work in to find deals and then have someone broadcast them on this forum, whereupon someone jumps in having seen the forum post and snaffles the deal or bids up the auction. (wow that's a sentence and a half but you get my drift).

What do you all think?

Maybe. It was a coin I planned on going for but after buying something else I thought Id let others know. - On the flip side if someone had broadcasted about a coin I was bidding on I may be quite miffed.

Saying that, we do have an ebay thread on the same lines of 24 hours remaining. Maybe posting in the members section would have been better.

This does highlight a point actually. I'm all in favour of people giving a heads up about deals that are readily available to everyone, but when it's a one-off ebay listing or something similar like a one-off HGM item, it could be argued it's a little unfair to those who put the work in to find deals and then have someone broadcast them on this forum, whereupon someone jumps in having seen the forum post and snaffles the deal or bids up the auction. (wow that's a sentence and a half but you get my drift).

What do you all think?

Maybe if there was a thread where people say what kind of Coins,Bars,Scrap,Etc they were into you could message them privately so as not to alert the whole forum.

I quite enjoy trawling through eBay and would not mind giving people the heads up as I don't buy off eBay very often nowadays.

What do you all think?

people should be disciplined to not be overly greedy.

purposely leaving very good deals for others is a nice feeling.

(and I've seen it done on the this forum before)

what goes around comes around.

HH

• Founder & Administrator

What do you all think?

I think if you see something (on HGM for example) and your not going to buy it. Why not share it on the forum. It could be argued that it's not fair if you don't share it, and let a non forum member buy it ;)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Find a smoking deal and i have the cash its nabbed there and then

I don't have the cash - SHARE SHARE SHARE 

karma karma karma-Chameleon

"Do good deeds for others, and you would be surprised the good fortune doth returnth to thouself" :

from the books of DeuteronomySilver Paul of the apostles Verse 12:7

people should be disciplined to not be overly greedy.

purposely leaving very good deals for others is a nice feeling.

(and I've seen it done on the this forum before)

what goes around comes around.

HH

What's greedy about finding something (auction) on ebay after a lot of searching only to find the price hiked up by several other bids from "lazy spongers" on here who just happened to see it posted by someone with no interest in the item?

Not getting at anyone, just being devil's advocate! ;)

Agree about helping others. However, if you post something on here be aware it's potentially being seen by dozens if not hundreds of people.

I think if you see something (on HGM for example) and your not going to buy it. Why not share it on the forum. It could be argued that it's not fair if you don't share it, and let a non forum member buy it ;)

Again, agree to a degree.

However, if you're continually monitoring HGM for good deals, let's say looking every 10 minutes. You check again, nothing. Then you discover someone has posted on here,  exactly what you were waiting for, just 5 minutes ago, and someone nipped in and bought it on the basis of that post.

You'd feel p****d off, yes?

Not getting at you KM :D

I think generally Auctions always make their money anyway. Regardless of If its bid low and or misspelt, wrong section ect. Serious ebay buyers are like Hawks and know every trick in the trade - very little gets missed.

To a degree...but I've both seen and had some exceptionally good deals.

However, the difference between bidding against  1 or 2 people or 9 or 10 'cos it's been posted on here can make a difference.

On the flip side, in general. everyone on here is savvy and only interested in a bargain so won't unduly inflate the auctions.

• Founder & Administrator

Again, agree to a degree.

However, if you're continually monitoring HGM for good deals, let's say looking every 10 minutes. You check again, nothing. Then you discover someone has posted on here,  exactly what you were waiting for, just 5 minutes ago, and someone nipped in and bought it on the basis of that post.

You'd feel P****d off, yes?

Not getting at you KM  :D

Both eBay and HGM have their own substantial traffic. Stuff on HGM for example sells really quickly anyway, linking to deals here is only beneficial to all. If a member here doesn't buy the item would be sold to a non-forum member pretty quickly anyway. And I am sure you would have / will get some benefits of something being listed here.

Kman is already aware the moment something new goes onto HGM because of his software.

If everyone knew the moment something went on HGM site, then everyone is on an equal foot as all information is immediately available. And the person/people who manage to buy the particular item(s) will be because of how quickly they check here, or how quick their typing and order skills are ;)

If you were subscribed to this topic as well as checking HGM every 10mins. Then as long as you acted quick enough you would have purchased what you were after.

But I wouldn't be so annoyed as you if I missed something, there are always other deals to be had.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Find a smoking deal and i have the cash its nabbed there and then

I don't have the cash - SHARE SHARE SHARE 

karma karma karma-Chameleon

"Do good deeds for others, and you would be surprised the good fortune doth returnth to thouself" :

from the books of DeuteronomySilver Paul of the apostles Verse 12:7

Bloody hell Paul, now I've got Boy George in my head! Thanks mate.

Archived