• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had to post this  although i think its more funny  looking back    sarnia had a sale last week £1 off pandas and today 50p off (today only ) koalas   now i dont know about you but id say thats not even worth bothering with       someone tell em  thats p..s     p..r   i havent got the heart to e mail them 

had to post this  although i think its more funny  looking back    sarnia had a sale last week £1 off pandas and today 50p off (today only ) koalas   now i dont know about you but id say thats not even worth bothering with       someone tell em  thats p..s     p..r   i havent got the heart to e mail them 

50p off if you're buying 20 coins is a tenner. I would say that is well worth bothering with. :ph34r:

50p off if you're buying 20 coins is a tenner. I would say that is well worth bothering with. :ph34r:

sorry starting prices are way off per coin so no not really worth bothering with  and with them reducing the spend on delivery rates   all coins are pretty high at the mo

sorry starting prices are way off per coin so no not really worth bothering with  and with them reducing the spend on delivery rates   all coins are pretty high at the mo

The cheapest German dealer with a 2012 1oz Koala is £19.

The 1/2oz 2011 is £12.20 and the 2012 is £10.44.

Delivery charge from Germany is also substantially more.

Do you know of any other places who have these coins up for sale cheaper?

if you don't like paying high prices for single coins purchases and finding a 50p or £1 saved.  

As i have said before, why not just save your cash up to buy a tube of x20/x25 from Germany STG when you have the money? VAT free and efficient use of spreading P&P costs.

You buy x500 purchases of x1 coins here and there over your lifetime and your overall price average paid SKYROCKETS 

i see no benefit in different date bullion coins  wether it be 2012 or 2015  at £200 + on tens i still see them as poor value

You're speaking for yourself.  For someone else, it might be a good price and worth while purchase with a 3-5.5% discount (ex VAT).

If someone want to stack the cheapest bullion, so be it.  If they want to stack higher premium bullion, so be it.  Their money, their choice.

Craig, only the other day you were talking about starting coin collecting and moving into numismatics, specifically German 5 mark coins.

Surely based on that, you must see the advantage of different date bullion coins?

no not really  i have i think a 1985 or 1995  maple cant think which i have / im sure it wouldnt fetch much more than a 2011

no not really i have i think a 1985 or 1995 maple cant think which i have / im sure it wouldnt fetch much more than a 2011

To a collector it probably would. A dealer then no. Older coins tend to fetch more in the aftermarket and the difference can be quite a lot depending on its collectability.

no not really i have i think a 1985 or 1995 maple cant think which i have / im sure it wouldnt fetch much more than a 2011

But you are not comparing apples to apples.

Maples are high mintage, unrestricted mintage, and the design does not change.

Koalas are substantially lower mintage and the design changes each year, making them far more collectable than maples.

Very few people have date runs of maples, whereas lots of people have date runs of koalas and kookaburras.

That's why your 19XX maples are generally worth no more than 2015 ones.

It's not the same.

Stacker since 2013

no not really  i have i think a 1985 or 1995  maple cant think which i have / im sure it wouldnt fetch much more than a 2011

1995 Panda will cost you over £100 a 2011 is close to £30 and a 2015 is £22 or so.

There is a MS69 1995 Panda on ebay with a BIN of 5 pence under 7 hundred squids!

He had them up for £30 last week, he must have had lots of interest.

I made an offer and didn't get a response.

I bought a sapphire and diamond ring for £300 on Saturday.So a bit short ,as i would make an offer of £30, i saw in his feedback others bought very happily for £30 . 

Sod it i made an offer of £30 awaiting reply.

Edit i got no reply on make an offer so bought two with  £2.50 worth of Nectar points again.Two ounces of silver for £29.50 + £2.50 Nectar points,can't be bad.

These two ounces filled the last gap in an A.S.E. tube and takes my stack to 85 oz. Need five 1 oz silver bars to fill a tube, thinking of a ten ounce bar after that and that would be my target of 100oz bullion achieved.

This is the first ebay item that i have seen that makes reference to the spotting in the description. I have even done searches for "milk spot" in advanced searches looking for bargains. It brings up cow spotted milk jugs....

I thought the "normal" way of doing this was to ignore it and tell people to look  at the photos.

I would have to point it out if I was selling one like it though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Pretty good,lowest i saw the 2014 koalas for was 119 each so lets see if that gets beaten:)

Anyone know why these 10oz Koalas are always significantly cheaper? The 2015s now as cheap as the 2014, is it a mintage thing or just a pretty picture?

• Founder & Administrator

Anyone know why these 10oz Koalas are always significantly cheaper? The 2015s now as cheap as the 2014, is it a mintage thing or just a pretty picture?

Because of the finish. The 10oz are now matte, they don't have any nice shinny areas like before. Personally I feel the 2015 10oz koalas are terrible, Perth Mint have cheapened them. Good if you want some cheap silver, but not so nice to look at anymore in my opinion. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Atkinsons have some used 10oz Pamp Fortuna Bars in stock.  £161 single or £155 for 2+.  As far as 10oz go they are expensive but for a Pamp bar this is a good price.  They're supposed to be in excellent condition and with a £30 saving over new they might be a good buy for those wanting this particular bar.

Archived