• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

Thanks for the quick replies, sounds very reasonable. I can't decide what to buy next after discovering this cheaper way to buy silver. I will definitely go for a 10oz something but also tempted by a stack of 1.5oz polar bears which are a very good price. Another part of me is saying hold off and buy something golden in the new year, decisions decisions...

10oz coins are very special, I only have one but wow.

Agree that the polars are an awesome price, and limited mintage also (and first in the series).

Wait and buy some gold if you are nearing retirement, or buy some silver if you are young and have some fire in your belly (runs and hides).

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10oz coins are very special, I only have one but wow.

Agree that the polars are an awesome price, and limited mintage also (and first in the series).

Wait and buy some gold if you are nearing retirement, or buy some silver if you are young and have some fire in your belly (runs and hides).

I'm 35 so a few years until retirement yet. I recently decided to look for somewhere better to put a few k of savings, thought about the usual suspects such as premium bonds, ISAs etc but none of them filled me with much excitement. Buying some shiny metal sounded like much more fun and the more I read up about it the more it made sense, and I get to feel a little bit like James Bond too.

And the gold Double Sovereign they have is a 2004 proof, no COA or box.

If someone fancies a challenge getting the other three coins in the proof set, he is a 2004 proof 4 coin box WITH COA

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-4-COIN-GOLD-PROOF-SOVEREIGN-ROYAL-MINT-BOX-COA-NO-COINS-ONLY-2250-ISSUED-/201226811310?pt=Coins_BritishProofs_RL&hash=item2eda0d77ae

If someone fancies a challenge getting the other three coins in the proof set, he is a 2004 proof 4 coin box WITH COA

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-4-COIN-GOLD-PROOF-SOVEREIGN-ROYAL-MINT-BOX-COA-NO-COINS-ONLY-2250-ISSUED-/201226811310?pt=Coins_BritishProofs_RL&hash=item2eda0d77ae

So how hard would it be to get the 1989 3 coin set box only and cert. Thats what i need but dont want to pay the 180 quid that someone is asking on feebay

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry If I'm stepping on any toes by posting this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281551717350?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

5oz 2014 proof Britannia, 21 hours left, £341, free postage

RM were selling them for £395, so maybe if someone had second thoughts about getting one this might be a good opportunity (depending on how much it spikes up near the end) 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281551717350?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

5oz 2014 proof Britannia, 21 hours left, £341, free postage

Damn... it's at £570.00 with just under an hour to go

If you got one of these it's looking like a good investment!. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

So I've pulled the trigger on a 1kilo metalor bar from hgm @ £470 works out £15 an oz....meant to be a nice bar so they say...pics to follow!

Wasn't it £392? or do they add vat on after or..

• 2 weeks later...

looks like atkinsons are copying the bbp idea of best value silver coins , max 10  they choose the coins

had a quick giggle to myself as the description says can contain  brits,phils,noahs,maples, sm round, and lunars and pandas

now im no mind reader but i can lay next months wages theres no pandas in your bundle

Free The Fourth Portait with Lunar Year Coin Orders at The Royal Mint Use code BND043

If you order a lunar sheep proof, you'll get a free The Fourth Portrait – Final Editions BU Set worth RRP £25

post-140-0-37964700-1423072056_thumb.jpg

So the Lunar proof will cost you £82.50, you'll get a free £25 coin set, (not silver sadly), but I'm sure it can be flipped on ebay for a small profit and reduce the cost of the lunar proof. The code does work as I've just tested it.

Not really a deal as such but I've just been working some numbers for those who have yet to pickup the Perth Mint Lunar Goat.

STG currently have them listed for £16.44 with 1227 in stock.  You can wait and see if spot drops and hope it doesn't go up.  If it does drop, you need to bank on STG still having stock for when you make your purchase and should they run out before you hit the buy button, the nearest reliable UK shipping dealer with a decent amount of stock is 65p more expensive.  Shipping is also considerably more expensive than STG as well so factoring this in you would need spot to drop to £10 or so based on purchasing a single roll.

If you have no interest in the Lunar Goat, then you can completely disregard this post.  I only mention it because it has a limited mintage and premiums creep up as stock becomes scarce.

People often sell sterling or lower content silver but quote the total weight and don't use troy ounces on ebay.

In this case though, at least 40 of the coins were .999 one ounce silver. I checked on Numista

But even if it was 60 ounces of sterling, it would still be £10.49 per t/oz

Well under spot whatever way you look at it.  :).

Archived