• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

No more silver for me

realbluegold

why don`t you pick a Ratio and stick to that instead?

that way you close down No options, I have over 5Kg of silver here and only gold for working with, but for Now gold`s a bit too much for my budget and I don`t really like it as a metal, BUT... I wont rule it out :)

just a thought.

I`v felt exactly the same way myself, in fact probably worse because I use it and treat it like an ordinary metal (think Copper or brass etc...) in jewelry making, make a mistake? who cares throw it in the crucible or acid.

it`s very "Ordinary" to me, and that ontop of the feelings you have it`s almost sureal to think of it a precuios in any way.

But! it`s getting RARE! VERY Rare!

as a Scientist (sits back and waits for the hate mail from some) I knwo that certain elements are being used to death, terbium, hafnium, helium and so forth, and have an extinction date! seriously they DO!

that alone keeps me sane, and hold on.

hope that helps :)

No one can foresee the future so who knows what will happen. Maybe silver will surpass gold at some point we just do not know.

I would still consider buying small amounts silver whilst it is cheap.

But that said I am increasing my gold hoard at the moment. 

but do banks have silver...they have gold...do countries buy silver? they buy gold... I dunno maybe Im paranoid...please tell me your reasons but not the ratio one..

The ONLY reason I have any silver is that it is currently at 41% of it's historic high. Gold is currently at 67% of it's historic high. At sometime in the next decade those historic highs will be surpassed and more money can be made from silver hitting a new high than gold. But both are currently a very good buy at the moment

as a Scientist (sits back and waits for the hate mail from some) I knwo that certain elements are being used to death, terbium, hafnium, helium and so forth, and have an extinction date! seriously they DO!

that alone keeps me sane, and hold on.

hope that helps :)

What are we going to do without Helium in the future? No kids balloons or funny squeaky voices............Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I like  collectable silver coins especially proofs, I enjoy searching for and completing sets and I get a  great sense of satisfaction and enjoyment from it.

Re gold I'm the opposite to Ares I don't find gold as a metal particularly attractive and I only have 10 ozs but I do appreciate its value as a store of wealth as silver and other pms are.I also hold gold and silver mining shares so I have a decent exposure to gold through them.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

but do banks have silver...they have gold...do countries buy silver? they buy gold... I dunno maybe Im paranoid...please tell me your reasons but not the ratio one..

Its abit old now, but I remember when it happened. Some banks are buying silver.

http://www.arabianmoney.net/gold-silver/2013/01/24/hsbc-buys-silver-bars-worth-876-million-from-polish-producer-kghm-in-the-past-12-months/

i like the gold as well its just so small for your money ,  as everyone has chosen the right route on here sovs seem to represent at least something a bit weighty for your moiney  , and good value for money, i wont ever buy another fractional bar , there pathetic , 20g might feel like something more substantial but at £520 i cant see the point ,   sovs, ducats, 2 rands, or european gold coins 

As the gold to silver ratio is quite high at the moment it does suggest that silver is underpriced so in percentage terms it has more to gain than gold. If you can buy silver at a low margin to spot then there is more upside potential but if paying full VAT etc then it doesn't appear that attractive unless buying at STG prices and getting eBay prices selling.

The ONLY reason I have any silver is that it is currently at 41% of it's historic high. Gold is currently at 67% of it's historic high. At sometime in the next decade those historic highs will be surpassed and more money can be made from silver hitting a new high than gold. But both are currently a very good buy at the moment

Interesting take on it, good point!

i like the gold as well its just so small for your money ,  as everyone has chosen the right route on here sovs seem to represent at least something a bit weighty for your moiney  , and good value for money, i wont ever buy another fractional bar , there pathetic , 20g might feel like something more substantial but at £520 i cant see the point ,   sovs, ducats, 2 rands, or european gold coins 

100% agreed craig.

I think once you hit 500-1000 oz i could concentrate more on gold 

say you buy 1000 oz of silver at £15oz average which is easily achievable at today's prices thats buy at £15000 so maby then say silver will hit £30 a oz one day in the next 15-30 years thats a profit of 15k and

if you want to cash it but maby youll cash it at 20-25 £ a oz still i can see silver going over the £20 mark in the next 30 years surly if not ill be glad i stoped at 1000oz if its worth less than what i payed i will just hand it down to my kids no harm done 

Worst case it goes lower and i get to hold it play with it and look at it for the rest of my life and hand it down to my kids not such a bad situation if i do say so myself 

saying this i got to get to 1000oz first haha 

Well you made me think a lot with your comments....I will not close the doora to silver although I will hoard more gold these next months... thanks for all the comments!!!!!

Good choice RBG not to limit yourself to any one metal,you'll be buying platinum and palladium coins next :D

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

It's best to have both, silver as we all know has the best profit potential. For me I've currently stopped buying gold as I have very little silver and much more gold by comparison. When my stack is more equal in current fiat values I may buy some more gold.

Archived