• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When Do You Think Silver Will Skyrocket In Price?

CurryMuncher69

Maybe I am watching too many videos, and think that silver will skyrocket next week to £900 per oz and my short silver stacking days are over.  Which then leads me to buy more silver, rinse and repeat cycle.

In my honest opinion as long as the dollar does not collapse silver prices will always stay like this and will not go over £50 per oz. As long as Oil is traded in dollars, silver will be manipulated. 

I look as silver as a savings account, instead of putting it in the bank, invest in Silver, over the course of 5-10 years (im 21) by the time then hopefully silver should be at a reasonable price, IF THE DOLLAR DOES NOT COLLAPSE BY THEN. 

What do you guys think?

I used to think like that and had dreams of silver hitting £1k/oz. But that would mean the monetary system has collapsed, which in turn will see a massive price of everyday items like food and water shoot up. I loved the idea that buying silver meant I could one day become a millionaire over night. This will not happen.

You are doing the right thing though in my eyes in stacking silver, fiat currency has a habit of returning to zero and its looking like it could happen sooner rather than later.

I treat silver as a wealth protector, more then a wealth creator. But if you can gain from it, awesome. :)

I agree if you can make on it then that is great.

But I stack for savings / investment first, then a SHTF scenario second, as I see it either way I will win. 

I do intend to keep it for years and years though.

I think we all hope and pray it goes to some silly amount but as you say the only way that will happen rapidly is when something catastrophic has happened.

I think we'll see £100 per ounce silver in the next 20 years ;)

Agreed, and a litre of unleaded will be £5.

I see it as a savings account, there is no way I could save the cash I have and am spending on silver, and it should hold it's value, at least against inflation.

That and I love the silver coins really bad!!

Stacker since 2013

A small word of advice, stop looking at the spot price, it will keep breaking your heart, And don't listen to experts , they know about as much as the rest of us , just keep buying and stacking, you would only waste the money on beer and hookers otherwise

Damn good advice Dave.

I only look at spot out of interest, it plays no real part when I'm looking to buy what I like (semi-numi collector).

That said, you can buy bullion from abroad for a landed price pretty close to spot plus VAT, and you will always get that back if selling on eBay as nobody can get it cheaper.

Use it as a savings account and hope for the best.

Stacker since 2013

I order a fair but from the USA as you say it is so much cheaper to buy there.

I have not paid an duty yet, that said I am waiting for around 57 oz to turn up now.

I have also just had a quote for 20 oz and it works out at £15.5/oz.

Wicked.

Only guys I take the opinion seriously is Mike Maloney, and cannot remmeber his name but he wrote a book called rich dad or poor dad. ( A simple google of that book will bring up his name however I am lazy and will not do so :D ) What they say is right, however where they go wrong in my opinion is that they put a timeline on when the dollar will collapse, which you cannot predict unless you are the run that is printing the stuff/elite class. 

To be honest Once the basics of food goes up drastically, on a year by year basis, we will see the general public waking up. Mike said the dollar collapse would be in the year 2015 by the latest, and that is far from the truth, and to be honest I only see 3 ways the dollar collapsing. World War 3 (not being a doom and gloom guy but its a possibility no doubt ), Inflation, ridiculous high prices for basic cost of living, and the MOST UNLIKELY one is Saudi Arabia and the middle east ask for silver/gold instead of dollars. Anybody that dares ask for that will get shut down quickly. 

I will only ever sell 30%-40% of my silver for good reasons, (Starting up business, buying car, House, wedding e.t.c) the rest I will keep to protect ones wealth. 

Long story short, Keep stacking, and enjoy it while it lasts. 

I would not of saved the extra money i have in metals it would of gone on god knows what so it is a preservation of wealth for me, if i get out even in retirement i will be well and truly pleased.If i make a profit i will be  ecstatic,If it gets passed down so be it, if i spend it on lifes unexpected i did well. .

I'd rather have my savins in silver than a bank. That way if the Government gets all '[Cyprus' on us my cash is safely tucked away where they can't get it.

There is a long road ahead of silver, it will go up a lot this year. But I agree with others - no sky rockets unless SHTF. And then inflation will kill your profits any way! :/

Only a couple of years ago when I started my stacking habit, silver was rising steadily and life was good.

When the cheapest silver ouncers went from about £18 to over £30 I added significantly as ALL the indicators were continuing to point upwards.

It looked as if you couldn't loose converting fiat into metal.

Europe was bust, the USA was bust, the UK was in melt down and everyone was scrambling for PMs to preserve wealth.

Now fast forward to present day and weep.

Should have remained in fiat, now hoping for a slow recovery to minimise losses.

Still cannot figure out why the metal plummeted as the world hasn't changed much since the peak - we are all still technically bankrupt !

Only a couple of years ago when I started my stacking habit, silver was rising steadily and life was good.

When the cheapest silver ouncers went from about £18 to over £30 I added significantly as ALL the indicators were continuing to point upwards.

It looked as if you couldn't loose converting fiat into metal.

Europe was bust, the USA was bust, the UK was in melt down and everyone was scrambling for PMs to preserve wealth.

Now fast forward to present day and weep.

Should have remained in fiat, now hoping for a slow recovery to minimise losses.

Still cannot figure out why the metal plummeted as the world hasn't changed much since the peak - we are all still technically bankrupt !

Watch Mike Maloney Video and he will explain, Search on youtube silver manipulation. 

Long story short, silver contracts drove the price right down, at silvers peak in 2011, there was 500 MILLION Oz OF PAPER SILVER being sold just to drive down the price 30 percent. Next time the price goes up like it did in 2011, there wont be no chance in hell that they will manipulate it again.

As with most posts here, I also consider it an alternative to a savings account in the bank. Here in the US, an average yield is an egregious 1/4%. When one also considers a possible bank bail-in (see Cyprus) and continual currency debasement from the unconstitutional Fed, converting fiat for PM's is an easy decision.

• Founder & Administrator

It's possible to become a millionaire from buying silver.

If you buy £500k of silver now and sell when spot price has doubled. Spot price at double the price it is now is not that hard to believe, and we will get there at some point.

If you want to become a millionaire, you should look at other investments as well. I regard silver as a form of long term savings. Also silver right now is at historical lows when you take inflation into account, it's the cheapest silver has been for a while. It's a very good time to be buying silver, as it's pretty much all upside potential in my opinion.

I do think though, that when someone has amassed a certain size stack and can sell it for the price of a small property, then they should (providing silver is near historical highs and not at these low levels). Property gives you a rental return, silver doesn't provide any income if you buy and hold.

My plan is to buy silver now, sell 50% at historical highs (or at $100 an ounce as that is very achievable in my opinion). Sell another 25% where I estimate highs to be, or on the way up at least. and keep the other 25% as my stack (collection). I will then invest all the money into property.

That's my plan unless my businesses become successful enough that I don't need to sell. Then I will just collect as much silver as possible, and hope that silver prices stabilise at a steady rate of growth each year so I can continue buying more whilst the value grows inline with inflation.

My girlfriend seems to think that I will never sell my silver, and maybe she is right. It's hard not to form an emotional attachment to the beautiful shinny things. I do like my silver, but I am not a fool, if silver price rose too quickly, I would sell and buy more on a pull back / buy property instead.

There was a story recently about an old man who died in the US, he was a conspiracy theorist, and he and his mother collected gold and silver. Though they were both average people on an average income, when he died, in their house was found millions of dollars of silver and gold. With no children to inherit the family fortune. Let that be a lesson, don't die poor with no family. When the time is right, sell.

Anyway, i will stop my rambling. In answer to the question, I think that there will be a huge financial collapse of the US and a big depression, we are overdue on one, and the recent recession was nothing. Everything might all seem swell and sweet on the outside. But the internal financial stability of the US is crumbling, it's all built on perceived value of something that they just make up. It's a giant Ponzi scheme, and when the world finally realises that the US doesn't have any actual gold. And the amount of gold in the market is actually less than was thought then the price of gold will rocket, pulling silver prices up with it.

Who knows when this will happen. It could be this year, it could be next. Or the US could easily go on pulling the wool over people's eyes for another 30 years. The longer it takes the bigger the fall, and the bigger and more dramatic the move in silver/gold will be.

Those are just some of my thoughts. I hope they were relevant.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Silver is just another commodity.

When and if SHTF then many other commodities will sky rocket.

When I started stacking on the principles of SHTF, USA fiscal cliff and Euroland implosion not to mention sea level rises and running out of oil, silver seemed a much safer investment than fiat. Looking back a couple of years only my silver today has dropped in value by over 40% and my ISAs have grown by over 30%. The net difference between traditional funds / stocks & shares vs silver is almost double with silver coming off worse. Difficult to pass this wisdom from father to son as hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Anyone else in the same boat ?

I thank many of us hwo started stacking in mid to late 2012 are inthe same boat Pete. I lost a lot, but due to circumstances I have swapped a lot in to gold. I am hoping that as prices rise and the GSR rises I will be able to swap it back at a better rate in order to make back my losses.

I was buying non-bullion numi coins during the spike, so it didn't affect me too badly.

I do feel for those that bought at the £25 level, it's bad luck that is. Nobody knew what was going to happen.

Stacker since 2013

I don't stack to invest I stack for my children.... Cash isn't savings... metal is.. and all myn will belong to them long after im gone.. Ill never save cash for them the £ is just a symbol that represents noting to me long term..

I don't stack to invest I stack for my children.... Cash isn't savings... metal is.. and all myn will belong to them long after im gone.. Ill never save cash for them the £ is just a symbol that represents noting to me long term..

Well said Dan, my thoughts exactly.

But if it's skyrocketed, I might sell some and retire earlier!!!

Stacker since 2013

Silver is just another commodity.

When and if SHTF then many other commodities will sky rocket.

When I started stacking on the principles of SHTF, USA fiscal cliff and Euroland implosion not to mention sea level rises and running out of oil, silver seemed a much safer investment than fiat. Looking back a couple of years only my silver today has dropped in value by over 40% and my ISAs have grown by over 30%. The net difference between traditional funds / stocks & shares vs silver is almost double with silver coming off worse. Difficult to pass this wisdom from father to son as hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Anyone else in the same boat ?

Silver will return to the price you paid Pete one day ;) Inflation says it has too! It's just a matter of how long that's all......

Silver is definitely a long game! Absolute minimum of 10 years.....probably much longer.

I've said it more than once....Only spend money on PM's that you can afford to lose, don't spend money on PM's that you need for something else, don't invest your entire savings. The absolute best way to stack PM's is to use your disposable income that you would have wasted on something and nothing ;)

Check out the spot price in 20 years time and then see how you've done ;)

Archived