• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver bullion vs Premium silver

ukstack

So for me i personally have 3 stack gold silver bullion and premium silver 

gold i just kinda pick up as and when i see a deal so this is bonus stuff really 

my silver bullion i try to keep under £13 a oz if i can but its more of a £14 average (in the hope i can sell or scrap it for more in 20-30 years time )

then my premium silver  which i try to keep to around the 18-19£ a oz mark  ( in the hope i can sell it on for a premium price weather it be in 2 years or 12 year or longer no rush )

Question is do any of you guys think like this or do yo just buy what you like when you can ? 

I try not to limit myself to a figure I want to pay because there's some real nice stuff out there that would be a bargain even at £30 per ounce.

That said I do have a similar style with three main category's, junk, bullion and semi numi stuff.

I've actually got 4 categories. CGT Free (Uk brits, lunars etc), Bullion, Semi Numi, and Junk. 

So for me i personally have 3 stack gold silver bullion and premium silver 

Same here in respect of the three stacks that you listed. Think the ratio/% of the three stacks to each other as well as the overall value does make you look at things differently.

Once you feel that you have sufficient value in diversifying your overall savings portfolio, ( In my case gold as a bullion commodity,) you might look to diversify within the sector of commodities ( silver bullion). Once you have done this you can then possibly afford to buy what 'takes your fancy'. In the latter segment I have actually set the book value of these as being spot -5% and to account for cost of sales if I ever had to/needed to liquidate the collection although in reality collectibles have a very inelastic relationship to spot 

Since I established these 3 x stacks I do within a few percentage try to keep gold at 60%, silver bullion at 20%, 15%  silver collectables, and 5% in sundry items; ( platinum, copper etc ). In doing so, and taking into account historic actuals, I believe that I balance risk v reward in respect of my overall savings objectives 

Archived