• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Rant Frustrated!

ukstack

so as im sure most of us use ebay on a weekly basis well i do 

recently i got some good deals on there so was getting a bit to comfortable on there so was bidding and offering all over the place 

so i got a 1 oz coin which was supposed to be new but came with all finger marks on it so had to message him about it wasnt the one he had pictured 

then something else i won non PM related never got delivered after 3 weeks of waiting its was worth £15 but i won it for £1 + £5 delivery so he never set it 

and then some full sovs i won haven't turned up after 6 working days i won them at a cheap price around £20 each cheaper than u can get anywhere else so he obviously must of thought na i wont send them now as they are a bit cheap but he accepted the offer i made 

Just makes me mad when i have to open case iv had to open 4 in the past 2 weeks due to not receiving my items and the sellers not even addressing the problems just leaving the refund process take place.

And now silver and gold is pretty low i could be using this £400 on some quality stuff 

On the other hand STG processed my order within 48hrs so goes to show why you pay for a good service sometimes

Rant of the evening lol 

It is frustrating but that's the risk you take with ebay, 99% of sellers on there are genuine , and i have had some amazing deals honoured in the past..But I too have experienced items not turning up when the finish price was too low. 

If its a amazing bargain request the seller sends it special delivery and pay the extra postage, I have done that on many occasions and always received the items won.

It would be really interesting to see the eBay listing where you say you won full sovereigns for £20 each.

That smells fishy to me and maybe the fact that you didn't receive them is a blessing as there is a 99.9999% chance they were fakes.

At least you should be getting a full refund from PayPal - I hope.

As for the other stuff I reckon you are just unlucky with your purchases and the sellers - not typical on eBay.

What frustrates me is seeing coins I'm after in the US and the seller ships by that stupid global shipping programme where you pay UK VAT and other charges upfront grrr,or Germany where they often will only sell to other German residents, although sometimes if you message them they will let you bid.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

What frustrates me is seeing coins I'm after in the US and the seller ships by that stupid global shipping programme where you pay UK VAT and other charges upfront grrr,or Germany where they often will only sell to other German residents, although sometimes if you message them they will let you bid.

Yes that USA global shipping system is a total rip-off and has stopped me buying good stuff at a fair price, willing to accept the VAT and charges in import.

i made a purchase on this very forum on the buy sell page/ guy accepted my offer , e mailed me to say he posted the bullion on the tuesday, 10 days later no bullion ,no contact from him no tracking number from royal mail offered ,  open case with paypal for a full refund

i am a cheeky so and so myself , i admit it , but dont accept an offer , take my money then ignore everything  

yes paypal took the funds off him and refunded me  got to say in all honesty it did leave a bad taste for buying off this forum  £250 i was out of pocket for 2-3 weeks

Some eBay people are just absolute w*****s!!

My Supposedly Britannia MULE turned up and it is not a mule it is also not in very good condition.

I am well pissed off.

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE.

Its good to let off steam. :D

EDIT:- The worst thing is the t*t does not seem he thinks he has done nothing wrong and its my fault for buying it WTF!!!

post-50-0-71056700-1411073069_thumb.jpg

I got my refund last night finally after 2-3 weeks £360 for 2 full sovs maby he thought ohh thats to cheap im not sending them now 

Ebay are good with the refund so its not ebay its the users that abuse it 

keith sorry man ya i seen is he refunding you ?

Some eBay people are just absolute w*****s!!

My Supposedly Britannia MULE turned up and it is not a mule it is also not in very good condition.

I am well pissed off.

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE.

Its good to let off steam. :D

EDIT:- The worst thing is the t*t does not seem he thinks he has done nothing wrong and its my fault for buying it WTF!!!

Definitely not the mule you were expecting.

Maybe a "donkey" - new terminology for the coin you just received.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bitsandbods&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

unreal behaviour really should be ban his address and him for life he was selling more coins and stuff same time i got mine but looks like he only sent out items under £20 in value 

shame 

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bitsandbods&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2050430.m2531.l4585

unreal behaviour really should be ban his address and him for life he was selling more coins and stuff same time i got mine but looks like he only sent out items under £20 in value 

shame 

This person's no longer a registered eBay user.

User ID bitsandbods   01-Oct-13

Not a registered user

Its happened again.

I bought a full sovereign for £210, but it was a Sydney minted coin worth around £250 ish.

The coin has not turned up and the seller no longer exists on eBay, what a Tw@T.

so now again I have to claim  my money back, no wonder I do not buy much from eBay.

I can't even leave negative feedback. :angry:

Its happened again.

I bought a full sovereign for £210, but it was a Sydney minted coin worth around £250 ish.

The coin has not turned up and the seller no longer exists on eBay, what a Tw@T.

so now again I have to claim  my money back, no wonder I do not buy much from eBay.

I can't even leave negative feedback. :angry:

Right pain in the ass man 

Im just sticking to silver for now from stg cheapest i can find and good service stuff ebay for now 

@ukstack

Looked at 3 other German silver sites today. If you are looking for more than 30 oz, all have 1 kilo coins which come in below or near the per oz price of STG maples.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

IMO eBay should only ever be used these days to plug those gaps you may be missing if you are collecting a series or a missing year. Why anyone would use it for stacking purposes these days i dont know

the risks of copies/sellers not sending goods/refunding if right price not attained/scammers/awful packaging

with STG offering the best prices for stock silver for us UK buyers when buying in sufficient qty to recoup your postage costs

and the likes of HGM offering stock gold for fixed 3% over spot, and atkinsons not far behind

i am much safer trusting a reputable bullion dealer as opposed to trusting a feedback score who in all honesty might not know his elbow from his earhole with PMs and feedback that could have been built selling used kiddies clothes

If it means i pay a couple of quid more when spending £1000+ on gold purchases, it is the price of being assured your item has been tested verified by a trusted bullion dealer

Remember the old adage when using fleabay : "Buyer Beware" Caveat emptor

@ukstack

Looked at 3 other German silver sites today. If you are looking for more than 30 oz, all have 1 kilo coins which come in below or near the per oz price of STG maples.

You need to factor shipping and exchange rates and possibly bank fees before doing real cost comparisons.

STG use a great Euro rate and have a UK bank so no fees.

Archived