• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold spot price when where why

ukstack

LOL. Just found that episode online,  

" And I'll be able to buy two more golden sovereigns, that'll make it, let me see, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500,............... 504.............which in present currency is valued at £3102 and 4 shillings  . "  

attachicon.gifdarmysov.JPG

Just checked the maths. ...3102.2 / 504 = £6 3' 1d per sov

but at the start of the war Gold was around £7 an oz. so 504 x 8g = 4032 / 31.1 = 129.64oz x £7 is only £907, not £3000. Oh well 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAz9e0YYLak

Dad's Army S09E04 "The Miser`s Hoard"

ENOY ! :)

could anyone tell me please a quick way of working out the % over spot a selling price is on gold ,   ive been working out how many ounces 7.32g  is then multiplying it by the spot price , it dosent tell me the % but I loosly compare one coin to another but im sure im going about it the long way round, so for instance

a gold sovereign at £198  and one at £194  how do you calculate what either is a % over spot

regards

Personally I keep a spreadsheet which I can put the numbers into, but for when it's not available: divide coin price by number of grams to get price per gram, multiply by 31.1 to get price per troy oz.

For percentage over spot: Take the actual price per oz, divided by spot price per oz, then multiplied by 100. Subtract 100 and you get the percentage over spot. If the result is negative then the price is under spot.

When you folks have the intention ( dream or whatever ) of converting say 1,000 oz of silver into gold, to whom are you planning to sell your silver ?

Everyone knows that selling to dealers or coin stores etc. your VAT element of cost is lost so you will always get a lower price than selling privately. Finding a private buyer for 1,000oz would be interesting. Any thoughts ?

this is exactly why pete i did offer spot for coins , i know its cheeky and thats just me  , if i trade back to a dealer i have to have a massive rise in silver to get my vat back ,  for me (and this is only me ) i put cheeky bids in , some you get some you dont , im now going onto bars i think up to 10 oz or 500g   i dont sell on e bay , so am relying on buying low selling high when it takes off (if it takes off) im following some silver items on the bay at the minute on at £11.50 oz plus £6 del  , betcha bottom dollar it wont go for that but hey you never know, 

thats me  

When you folks have the intention ( dream or whatever ) of converting say 1,000 oz of silver into gold, to whom are you planning to sell your silver ?

Everyone knows that selling to dealers or coin stores etc. your VAT element of cost is lost so you will always get a lower price than selling privately. Finding a private buyer for 1,000oz would be interesting. Any thoughts ?

My personal plan is to have a table every now and then at the big coin fairs.

500 odd oz of silver should be enough to fill a table.

The rest I will sell on eBay.

Stacker since 2013

My personal plan is to have a table every now and then at the big coin fairs.

500 odd oz of silver should be enough to fill a table.

The rest I will sell on eBay.

I had a similar thought with regards to getting a display cabinet at one of those big antique centres and filling it up with silver coins. Although I think a table at a coin fair might be more cost effective

I had a similar thought with regards to getting a display cabinet at one of those big antique centres and filling it up with silver coins. Although I think a table at a coin fair might be more cost effective

I enquired and it actually not that expensive, like £50 for a 6"x3" table.

Sounds like a good deal to me, and I reckon a fair bit would get shifted. Especially as most charge £22-£25 for a generic ounce.

Stacker since 2013

Archived