• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Poured and Cast Silver Bars!

DogSoldier1973

I really like the look of poured and cast silver bars but don't really have any in my stack (except for a 100g Metalor bar) and it really is something i need to fix! I remember watching a video quite a while ago now, of Chris Silver showing off two huge 1kg Metalor bars on his youtube channel... They looked amazing and i instantly wanted to get one! 

Over here in the UK we are pretty limited to what we can buy in the way of poured bars....Engelhard, Monarch PM, Silver Towne, Scottsdale, Prospector's and many more are available in the US....BigStackMcgee on youtube has a fantastic collection! But you don't tend to see them over here in the UK....hopefully as silver becomes more popular our dealers may start selling these....I was wondering if anybody else has love for these kinds of bars and has anybody got any poured or cast bars to show off? 

• Founder & Administrator

I paid 20% tax on those silver bars. Though silver was low at the time, I think they ended up paying about £650 a bar. Which is expensive.

Bars are nice, and if silver was just for a personal collection I would certainly buy more. But here is the problem I have with bars:

1. They are expensive to get in Europe.

2. This years bar is the same as next years bar, which is the same as a bar made 20 years ago. They will only appreciate in value if spot price goes up.

Kilo Perth Mint coins, if you can get them for ok prices in Europe, are a much better investment in my opinion. You should be able to get them for a lower cost than bars, and they should hopefully gain some sort of an extra premium as the years go by.

http//www.libertysilver.ee * has some lunar 1kg coins at the moment. Though they don't have a kilo kook, which is what I want :(

Saying that though, bars are nice, so there is no harm in getting a few for your collection :)

I also have a 250g Umicore cast bar which is pretty sweet

(The Silver Forum receives a small commission when you click through to Liberty Silver from The Silver Forum)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hello

I have a 1Kg bar bought when I first started stacking. It was bought from my local supplier at a cost of £620 so not too bad!.

He has never had any more in since.

This is a Swiss bar hand poured. Looks a but tatty but I guess that's what you get with hand poured, will stick a picture on when I return to the UK and are re-united with my stack.

Cheers

K

I love silver bars. I had 3 1Kg, 3 20 Oz-ers and 3 10 Oz-ers from Perth Mint. They were gorgeous. Too heavy for easy transport though, so I ended up swapping it all for gold coins. Sad realy. Will get some more one day!

Unless you are a pure coin collector, I think bars are a must for any stacker!

• Founder & Administrator

You swapped them all for 3 gold horses right?

You like the number 3 don't ya ;)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

You swapped them all for 3 gold horses right?

You like the number 3 don't ya ;)

Well, it started as a coincidence.... lol B)

And, well, you know, when you end up with three of these and three of those, you just have to get three of the others! lol :D

• 3 years later...

Archived