• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Aurinum,de v STG, Some Advice would be welcome

HighlandTiger

Ok, So I have been looking at the prices between Aurinum and STG, and initially Aurinum look to be fractionally cheaper when you look at it in Euros,

However STG's exchange rate is very good, well I say very good, it is extremely good and is almost spot on with the currency rates without any mark up. You can also pay directly into a UK bank account, so no messing about with costly transfers.

BUT, is it good enough with its slightly higher prices to beat Aurinum after you have factored in euro transfers and exchange rates.

Any thoughts?

I Have dealt with both and I have had a few bad dealings with Aurinum, finger prints on coins, dates on delivery forever changing, but the price is good. I do hate the dispatch length too. 

STG are awesome, prices are good, delivery is very quick and the customer service is top notch. My only issue is lack of coins to choose from.

I have never used Aurinum though.

I have dealt with a few different companies in the past but for 2014 have only used STG.

They are efficient but as you say there choice is a little limited, that said their service is second to none (Livia).

I will be ordering form them soon and will be getting seventy odd ounces in total.

My slabbed coins etc I tend to get from the states.

Have you added the things into your cart to check the final € cost?

Anything which is marginally cheaper won't be worth it unless you're buying bulk.  I made an order from another German dealer last week but only because I there was a fairly large saving with STGs ASE and 1/2oz Koalas being €0.5 and €1.1 more expensive.

STG baby! all the way. I know they are not the cheapest out there, but it's such a small difference, that I rather pay that much extra for the quality of the service, and delivery time. 

The just started up, give them another 6-9 months or even a year, and see what they have then. They have come along way from 9 coins. 

(STG if you are reading this, I want free delivery on all my orders, inbox me :D

I've ordered 6 times this year from STG with only one slight problem ( small milk spot on one second hand coin), they gave me free delivery :) . While Aurinum, I have ordered once it was a bad experience.  I will not buy from Aurinum again.  

day 1: order aurinum

day 4: order STG

day 11: receive STG

day 12: order STG

day 20: receive STG

day 21: order STG

day 25: maybe receive Aurinum :D

day 28: receive STG

Sounds about right.  Unless there's a considerable saving or there's a few coins which you particularly want, then it's not worth it.

I use both and historically have bought much more from Aurinum.

Now that STG has a UK sterling bank account I prefer STG but you need to check total costs before deciding.

Delivery from STG tends to be much quicker and packaging vastly superior.

Never had a problem with the condition of Aurinum coins but I did have a badly fingerprinted new Koala coin

IN CAPSULE from STG.

Currently looking at ordering Lunar Goats with Aurinum much cheaper on the 1oz but waiting STG to revise their price as they did suddenly on the RCM Eagle pre-ordering.

I recommend both without any reservations but STG deliveries are frequently much faster - if you really care.

Has anyone here had a problem paying STG? I placed an order and went to try and pay by bank wire and Lloyds Bank are saying the sort code and account number do not exist? I've emailed them just now to double check the details I need. I should add this is the first time I have ever tried paying by bank wire for anything, maybe I am doing something wrong? Anyone here paid them through a Lloyds account?

There is no option to enter an IBAN on my account it seems.

Let's say I enter everything manually and the payment never makes it to them, do you know what happens then? Can I end up with the money withdrawn and the sum being sent getting lost in the system or in the wrong bank account?

Has anyone here had a problem paying STG? I placed an order and went to try and pay by bank wire and Lloyds Bank are saying the sort code and account number do not exist? I've emailed them just now to double check the details I need. I should add this is the first time I have ever tried paying by bank wire for anything, maybe I am doing something wrong? Anyone here paid them through a Lloyds account?

Yes.

I just paid from our business acct, and it was a dreadful experience! I ended up having to call phonebank and get it done that way.

apparently, you have to add STG to your bill payment list, and even then when that`s done, when you want to send money through it, you have to get a code, then wait for the phone to ring, give them the code, and they`ll send it through.

there has to be an Easier way then this, it puts me off completely and it`s My cash :(

if it helps any, call: 0845 3002750

when the recording finishes just say "Agent" clearly, and the phone will start ringing (don`t press any keys!) just say "Agent".

then you`ll get through to someone that will help you :)

providing of course that you have a phonebank password.

What did you give as their company name? The account holder name (European Precious Metal Trading GmbH) doesn't fit into the text box. All I can fit is "European Precious".

Yes.

I just paid from our business acct, and it was a dreadful experience! I ended up having to call phonebank and get it done that way.

apparently, you have to add STG to your bill payment list, and even then when that`s done, when you want to send money through it, you have to get a code, then wait for the phone to ring, give them the code, and they`ll send it through.

there has to be an Easier way then this, it puts me off completely and it`s My cash :(

I've never even heard of phonebank to be honest. The way this is going I can see myself spending tomorrow morning in the local branch trying to get this all sorted.

if it helps any, call: 0845 3002750

when the recording finishes just say "Agent" clearly, and the phone will start ringing (don`t press any keys!) just say "Agent".

then you`ll get through to someone that will help you :)

providing of course that you have a phonebank password.

I didn`t put anything in other than "STG" that field is just for your ref only.

I used the bank sort code and acct number, and of course the amount I wanted to send.

IF you phone details are up to date, you should get a call after you get your 4 digit code show up on screen, just tell them the code and it`ll work.

edited: we posted at the same time, phone bank when when I was with TSB, they merged then just left me as a lloyds victim now, I think phone bank may just exist for us legacy customers.

Just placed an order on Aurinum for Lunar Goats as they are much cheaper than on STG.  ( Livia at STG confirmed her price was remaining high because apparently they have almost sold all their inventory ! ). She therefore didn't get my recent order.

Made transfer payment to Aurinum using on-line service of TransferWise because they use an exchange rate of 1.25 vs 1.23 from my bank and only £2.75 fee rather than £10 using NatWest.

Job done !

Seems like Aurinum would be doing themselves a favour if they had a British bank to transfer same as STG.

Not really when you pay only about £3 to make a Euro payment.

Archived