• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Roll up! Design your own useless privy coin!

StackerNoob

Privy?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Like a privy coin?

• Obvs. Low mintage and stuff....
    • Oi! The F15 happens to be my favourite ever fighter jet (jk I knew it meant Fab 15...)
    • Keep your dirty privy off my coin!

In my opinion, privy coins are meaningless at best, and a con at worst.

Some of the available privy coins out there make zero sense. Who decided what the privy mark will be and what their reasoning is is beyond me. Tanks and F15s (Yes Im aware its not the plane but its still stupid)? Mathmatical formulae and buildings that are falling over? Animals that bear no link to the coin, country or mint at all, not even on a lunar basis? What? Why?

So, if you had your hands on the designer's throat and demanded a privy mark edition of your favourite bullion coins, what would you ask for. (All answers are valid no matter how ridiculous, since ridiculous privy marks make it on to coin in real life anyway!).

I'll start. I would design a privy mark in the shape of a privy (an old word for an outdoor toilet).

Go.

1 minute ago, StackerNoob said:

In my opinion, privy coins are meaningless at best, and a con at worst.

Some of the available privy coins out there make zero sense. Who decided what the privy mark will be and what their reasoning is is beyond me. Tanks and F15s (Yes Im aware its not the plane but its still stupid)? Mathmatical formulae and buildings that are falling over? Animals that bear no link to the coin, country or mint at all, not even on a lunar basis? What? Why?

So, if you had your hands on the designer's throat and demanded a privy mark edition of your favourite bullion coins, what would you ask for. (All answers are valid no matter how ridiculous, since ridiculous privy marks make it on to coin in real life anyway!).

I'll start. I would design a privy mark in the shape of a privy (an old word for an outdoor toilet).

Go.

Your 'privy' privy has already been done - a company stuck it on a maple leaf a couple of years ago.

http://www.coppercave.com/copper/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1030

Waiting for the two privy coins next in various combinations.

Lion, Monkey.

Lion, Snake.

Lion, Dragon.

Monkey, Lion.

Monkey, Snake.

Monkey, Dragon.

Snake, Lion.

Snake, Monkey.

Snake, Dragon.

?‍??‍??‍??‍??‍??‍?

Each one available in 1/2 oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz, 1 kg and 10 kg.

All limited mintages.  More coins combinations than most passwords. 

Also waiting for the ?, ?, ?, ? and Mr Men.

29 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

I wouldn't mind having a coin with my initials as the privy, maybe on a birth year sovereign but that's as far as I'd take it with privy! Do not like them as all!

I feel that that would be extremely limited mintage, by necessity, not design :-D

7 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

I feel that that would be extremely limited mintage, by necessity, not design :-D

Didn't think about that but hell yes! Whether the demand would be there is dependence on a coin collector who 'wants my initials'...!

Could be a bit like personalised number plates.... :o :rolleyes:<_<

23 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Waiting for the two privy coins next in various combinations.

Lion, Monkey.

Lion, Snake.

Lion, Dragon.

Monkey, Lion.

Monkey, Snake.

Monkey, Dragon.

Snake, Lion.

Snake, Monkey.

Snake, Dragon.

?‍??‍??‍??‍??‍??‍?

Each one available in 1/2 oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz, 1 kg and 10 kg.

All limited mintages.  More coins combinations than most passwords. 

Also waiting for the ?, ?, ?, ? and Mr Men.

This is exactly my point. total nonsense. if they insist on a privy coin, then at least be creative!

I just thought of another one Id like and definitely buy. The face of the "success kid" meme, hang on....image.png.da732969c73a1ad2f1c3254f9d6aac82.png

13 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

I'd like  a Britannia with a double-profile of Paul and Barry Chuckle looming out from behind the figure of Britannia...

Please get onto photshop and make a concept design. If we get enough support we can send a strongly worded letter to the RM!

1 hour ago, AlphaBeast said:

I wouldn't mind having a coin with my initials as the privy, maybe on a birth year sovereign but that's as far as I'd take it with privy! Do not like them as all!

Just get a coin of your year of birth as a permanent keepsake and counterstamp it. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

I think the little poo emoji is perfect.

How about some 2018 1oz 'poop' privy silver forum bars?

download.jpeg.f2cd239fd04aeacd11464e00fafa5df8.jpeg

I think this privi would be a perfect fit for the RM lunar zombie dog ?

The current logic from most mints these days seems to be to add something that will “pander” (pun intended) to the Chinese market.

So for me it can only be a dragon privy mark on a THREE (never saw that coming did you?) dragon coin with... an oriental border. Kerching!!!

1 hour ago, FoolzGold said:

The current logic from most mints these days seems to be to add something that will “pander” (pun intended) to the Chinese market.

The weirdest one for me is the Chinese Expo panda privy Kook, 2017 I think...totally incongruous privy mark to the design. I was shocked that in hand I really really like it! Part of it is the even better than usual strike on the coin from Perth.

The 2018 Kook is a crazy privy for a crazy coin, replacing the huge moon with a small dog.

Archived