• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Domain name for Sovereign Reference Website

Domain name for Sovereign Reference Website  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which domain name do you prefer?

• www.thegoldsovereign.com
    • www.gold-sovereigns.com
    • www.sovs.com

Wanted to get people's opinions on here for a website I'm setting up for an online sovereign database/reference, it will simply comprise sovereign dates and variations that I'll build on over the years.

It is purely for a hobby and to provide the information I required myself to others, in simple format.

There aren't many naming options available, I've created a poll for the two I liked myself, other suggestions welcome!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

4 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Goldsovereign.com? The hyphen is a pain when trying to say the address to someone

Unfortunately you can't just pick a name, it has to be available :D

https://www.namecheap.com/  check here if you have any ideas before posting, 99% of ideas won't be available.

I agree on the hyphen, and this is why I've paused before putting things live, as I already own this domain.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

goldsovereign.directory is available.

i see goldsovereign.uk is also available costing 99p for the year through http://123-reg.co.uk

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Yea I agree on the .co.uk being a decent option, but still .com is preferable I think.

I've added "sovs.com", but is that a bit "chavy" ? :D 

The Gold Sovereign

www.gold-sovereigns.com sounds better for covering all sovereigns as www.thegoldsovereign.com sounds like it's about a gold coloured Jaguar Sovereign that someone loves:D

2 minutes ago, MickB said:

www.gold-sovereigns.com sounds better for covering all sovereigns as www.thegoldsovereign.com sounds like it's about a gold coloured Jaguar Sovereign that someone loves:D

Going to let the vote run for a few days, but currently annoyed that its 50/50 pretty much as that doesn't help make a decision! :D

The Gold Sovereign

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

goldsovereign.directory is available.

i see goldsovereign.uk is also available costing 99p for the year through http://123-reg.co.uk

This isn't available as far as i can see, owned by Mr Chard who bought almost all of these domains in the late 90s

The Gold Sovereign

3 minutes ago, sg86 said:

This isn't available as far as i can see, owned by Mr Chard who bought almost all of these domains in the late 90s

https://www.123-reg.co.uk/order/domain?X-CSRF-Token=4ae49e8b265bc63296f7b8c27602fd5040e54655&domain=goldsovereign.directory

It says it is £19.99

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

don't worry about the name, just pick something you like. if the content is there it will be found.

you can always change it later if a domain becomes available.

i considered doing something similar a few years ago and did a similar search with the same results. i do know however that one or two of the "better" names have since become available, and obviously been snapped up.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i see goldsovereign.uk is also available costing 99p

was referring to this, which isn't available :)

The Gold Sovereign

8 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

don't worry about the name, just pick something you like. if the content is there it will be found.

you can always change it later if a domain becomes available.

i considered doing something similar a few years ago and did a similar search with the same results. i do know however that one or two of the "better" names have since become available, and obviously been snapped up.

Yea 100% on the content, I will push it up the rankings no issue, but switching later is a huge ballache so I'm trying to get something I'd be happy with at least!, please stick your vote in ;)

The Gold Sovereign

Yea i'm myself leaning towards TheGoldSovereign , it's a shame the vote is close but this may be more recognisable as there are other "gold sovereigns" websites out there

The Gold Sovereign

Archived