• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

chard

wilky1

10 minutes ago, augur said:

It is simply about a fair approach: if Eva uses your type of language, everyone is outraged – you seem to find this totally acceptable from the customers side. 

+1

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not like " sourced " coins, i like to pay my money and take the coin. There seems to be one or two dealers appearing that use a " sourcing " method and there have been problems with people actually not getting what they have ordered because the company could not find stock anywhere to "source" and i am not quite sure how RM "sourcing" works and what quality you are guaranteed for example with a ten year old " sourced" proof coin ? 

5 hours ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Exactly, there's a lot of arse licking going on here....

I think that’s harsh. People are stating their own opinions and just like you have the right to air them without name calling bud. 

Do I agree the delay without communication is unfair? Yes. 

Should the custome have been allowed to cancel? Yes. 

Do I see it from @ChardLizzie point of view? Yes. 

Personally I have never bought anything from Chards, primarily cause I can source what I want cheaper. But would I be willing to wait months for a cheap purchase? Yes. 

I have waited months for some stuff, and was prepared for it as I tell my sources what prices I want, and even prepay when necessary. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I think that’s harsh. People are stating their own opinions and just like you have the right to air them without name calling bud. 

Do I agree the delay without communication is unfair? Yes. 

Should the custome have been allowed to cancel? Yes. 

Do I see it from @ChardLizzie point of view? Yes. 

Personally I have never bought anything from Chards, primarily cause I can source what I want cheaper. But would I be willing to wait months for a cheap purchase? Yes. 

I have waited months for some stuff, and was prepared for it as I tell my sources what prices I want, and even prepay when necessary. 

Again I stand by my comments. I feel there are a number of people who believe that certain companies can do no wrong, you can see it when you look through similar cases of customer service issues on the forum. When 'their' company messes up (in some cases quite spectacularly) they seem to completely ignore the fault and in some cases actually berate the customer/OP.

Yet when another company treats a customer similarly they are more than happy to voice there concerns over the service which had been provided. Its plain hypocritical.

Even though I have used Chards in the past (I won't anymore I might add) I don't let that constrain me from speaking my mind and questioning the validity of a response and how they choose to do business with customers.  The same applies for any other company I feel has done wrong by an individual, after all there is nothing to say that I or someone I know will not be next to have issues.

But the issue has been resolved. You bought coins from chards knowing full well the coins had to sourced, or you didn't read before buying. I appreciate you highlighting this issue to us here though, but it is now clearly resolved. 

You will get your coins eventually. Gold is a long term investment what does it matter how long it takes to get them if you know you will get them. If you want to cash in, you can - chards will buy them back before they are even sent out.

1 hour ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Again I stand by my comments. I feel there are a number of people who believe that certain companies can do no wrong, you can see it when you look through similar cases of customer service issues on the forum. When 'their' company messes up (in some cases quite spectacularly) they seem to completely ignore the fault and in some cases actually berate the customer/OP.

Does not give you the right to be confrontational and rude about and towards members of this forum though.

You don't see others calling you names do you...

28 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Does not give you the right to be confrontational and rude about and towards members of this forum though.

You don't see others calling you names do you...

I don't consider my phrasing to be rude at all. Where I'm from you say it how it is and that is the best way to describe it IMO.

Perhaps the forum needs a 'safe space'?

17 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

I don't consider my phrasing to be rude at all. Where I'm from you say it how it is and that is the best way to describe it IMO.

Actually, I'd consider paying the extra to sell on here if here was a safe space :D 

17 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Sorry, but this is not an excuse or valid reason to say the things you said - even if the context is meant differently.

I get hateful and anti-Semitic comments on my YouTube channel - they probably use that phrasing all the time but that does not make it right to do so.

Perhaps you should have a think about how and what you say and consider others opinions and understanding of those type of terms before using them.

The forum should be a safe place, not need a safe place.

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Sorry, but this is not an excuse or valid reason to say the things you said - even if the context is meant differently.

I get hateful and anti-Semitic comments on my YouTube channel - they probably use that phrasing all the time but that does not make it right to do so.

Perhaps you should have a think about how and what you say and consider others opinions and understanding of those type of terms before using them.

The forum should be a safe place, not need a safe place.

That escalated very quickly... I'm not quite sure what you are inferring?

The 'safe space' was tongue in cheek, as others above have realised.

2 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

That escalated very quickly... I'm not quite sure what you are inferring?

That your excuse for being rude because you are rude in your everyday life is not acceptable

i find it interesting how these complaint topics drag on and excite heated emotions.

We have had a number in the recent past. i remember GS.be, Atkinson's and now Chard. Those starting the threads have to some extent or other got a valid point to make. To alert other members to a problem is useful. Here Chard is forward selling coins. Selling coins they have not got, so if there is a big order comes in it can take time to fill pre-existing orders. The price is fixed but the delivery date is not. This needs to be borne in mind when placing orders.

Those starting these threads however often have a real dig at the dealer. We then see some members agreeing with the OP. Then there are others who post a less sympathetic view, often supportive of the dealer, as i suspect they feel the original post(s) were unfair and too brutal. We quickly develop opposing sides and a scrap ensues. Not unusually this starts to get personal.

In general it is unusual for the personal insults to go over the top. i can only remember one time in the recent past where members remarked on how OTT insults had become. i reported the thread as it did not present a good impression of the forum and this community. We should be able to have hearty discussions with strongly differing views - there should be no snowflake safe spaces, we are all grown ups here but vicious gutter language is beyond the pale.

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

i have watched and enjoyed most of your videos - i cannot for the life of me think why hateful comments would be posted but there are some fiendish trolls on youtube. "and anti-Semitic comments" that is most mysterious.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

23 minutes ago, sixgun said:

I have watched and enjoyed most of your videos - i cannot for the life of me think why hateful comments would be posted but there are some fiendish trolls on youtube. "and anti-Semitic comments" that is most mysterious.

Well said on your whole post.

I agree with your take and healthy discussion is great.

As to my comments on anti-Semitism. There are a lot of trolls out there. I used this example in my comment as an extreme example of people saying things that they see as acceptable but others really don't.  YouTube is actually very good at identifying hateful comments and often puts them to one side for me to monitor before they go public so they never see the light of day and I immediately report all of these kind of anti-Semitic comments. They are by far and away the most common on my channel - often relating to banking, bankers and the Jewish community.

I think this thread needs to be looked at and put to bed by a moderator at this stage though as we are now considerably off topic 

5 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

It's looks like it's ran out of fuel.   Surely there is nothing else worth adding at this point.

I think a quick review would help. A lot of this content went off topic.

I had problems with chards a few years ago but to be fair they sorted out and was happy with the outcome.

my question to @ChardLizzie, how big was this order? You seem to be a big coin dealer so it must be a huge order.    Also I’m a farmer and if I haven’t got anything I have other people I borrow from until mine turns up an vice versa, couldn’t to say to another dealer, can I trade some sovs and next month straighten up?

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I think a quick review would help. A lot of this content went off topic.

I am enjoying this thread :P  I never see you gone mad before :D 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived