• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

chard

wilky1

Well I am very disappointed with Chard

I ordered 5 bullion grade sovereigns Back on 28th March and they have not full filled the order and refuse to credit back the payment.

Since then gold has increased in value and I am beginning to wonder if they will send them.

pissed off is not the word for it and very shabby service so be warned check they have them in stock other wise they just keep your money and get shitty when you ask for it back.

Wilky

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a long time to be waiting for an order, I knew chards don't always have stock but source to order but that is the way they chose to do it and is their issue if gold rises in the meantime not the buyer. It's pretty shocking if the order isn't honoured.

4 hours ago, JunkBond said:

How can a bullion company not get hold of five sovs, a lot of forum members probably have that many!

I just don't understand. :unsure:

Not only that how can they not get hold of that many in 6 week doesn't fill you with confidence buying from them it would look better on them to say yep we can not fulfill the order here's your cash . 

4 hours ago, JunkBond said:

How can a bullion company not get hold of five sovs, a lot of forum members probably have that many!

I just don't understand. :unsure:

I think according to the last thread along these lines, they had a large order to fulfil before they could fill the later, smaller orders.

I agree, it seems a strange way to go about the bullion business which has small margins. The risk to profits when gold is rising must be substantial and no other company operates this way to my knowledge.

Still, they have been around a long time and presumably have operated this way all that time.

I believe Chardlizzie said they were reviewing their practices so maybe we will see them only offer for sale items that are actually in stock?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

I believe Chardlizzie said they were reviewing their practices so maybe we will see them only offer for sale items that are actually in stock?

Seems like a pretty common sense approach if you ask me. It is really quite simple to keep track of how many of an item you have in stock and adjust the website accordingly, other bullion dealers seem to manage it just fine.

It is very simply solved, regardless how well thought of they are here on the forum or how many dealers of the year awards they have 

Don't sell stuff you don't have in stock! 

No unhappy customers, no emails, no telephone calls, no trial by forum, no bad company image

52 minutes ago, Paul said:

It is very simply solved, regardless how well thought of they are here on the forum or how many dealers of the year awards they have 

Don't sell stuff you don't have in stock! 

No unhappy customers, no emails, no telephone calls, no trial by forum, no bad company image

Yes, this. A "notify me when this item is back in stock" tab is better to me than buying something, paying up, and then waiting who knows how long for the dealer to then source-to-order. And possibly get bumped down the queue when a more important client shouts for his.

It seems they do want to let buyers be free to purchase whenever they want, and be able to lock in the order at any time. Which is fine. But wouldn't a, maybe, 20% deposit payable up front (balance due when items are in stock) rather than the full amount while they source, leave a better taste in the mouth? It gives them a fallback to retain the deposit if you end up backing out, and at the same time you don't feel like you've handed over a fistful of cash and getting nothing for a month or two.

Another trial by forum ... not keen on these until you get both sides of the story ...

.... I ordered 2 x 10oz Queens Beast Dragons on a group order from Estonia last month but .........

No offence meant to anyone but always good to get both sides with all the facts.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

27 minutes ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

Another trial by forum ... not keen on these until you get both sides of the story ...

.... I ordered 2 x 10oz Queens Beast Dragons on a group order from Estonia last month but .........

No offence meant to anyone but always good to get both sides with all the facts.

I'm trying my best ? 

Raises a good point about this though...I have been communicating out the delays as best I can - it appears on this occasion that there has been a communications breakdown between chards and customer 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Agreed but its good to find out when this happens, rather that than order some sovereigns and be in the same position as op. 

I buy queens beasts from chards because I know they will deliver a good coin without dings and marks. Top class dealer. It just looks like they ain't so good at delivering sovereigns :lol:

Surprise, I had an update email today..... Unfortunately no sovereigns yet, they are still sourcing them but my order will be honoured no matter the increase in gold price..... I just want the gold I paid for... Lol I just wish I had bought more zills ( cripto token)  with it instead.

oh and it's not a trial by forum it's a genuine pissed off custom with a valid axe to grind.

wilky

28 minutes ago, wilky1 said:

Surprise, I had an update email today..... Unfortunately no sovereigns yet, they are still sourcing them but my order will be honoured no matter the increase in gold price..... I just want the gold I paid for... Lol I just wish I had bought more zills ( cripto token)  with it instead.

oh and it's not a trial by forum it's a genuine pissed off custom with a valid axe to grind.

wilky

28 minutes ago, wilky1 said:

wilky

Good job you don't need to liquidate a few

Good news then I am glad they honour the deal. A deal is a deal, its their policy to sell sovereigns and source them later has been a genius policy in a bear market, great margins! Not so good when Mark Carney throws GBP under a bus :P

It clearly states coins are sourced to order on investment bullion!
Whether it states that or not, you expect a bullion dealer to fill your order after 7 weeks right? They have also stated they still don't have any so could be a while longer.

It is obvious they are struggling to keep up with orders on the sovereigns so what I find strange (and slightly dubious IMO) is that they are still happy for people to buy them on their website. Surely the common sense thing to do would to just say 'out of stock' and save all of the hassle!?

22 minutes ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

It is obvious they are struggling to keep up with orders on the sovereigns so what I find strange (and slightly dubious IMO) is that they are still happy for people to buy them on their website. Surely the common sense thing to do would to just say 'out of stock' and save all of the hassle!?

+1.  have you been waiting 7 weeks for your sovereign.s and you have paid upfront i would be very unhappy to 

Archived