• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Welsh Gold Rush?

PansPurse

2 hours ago, mr-dead said:

turn that 20g nugget in to 2kg "Welsh gold" and make a killing on some overpriced jewellery

Awesome idea. Once you have your 1% Welsh gold, cut with copper until it's pinker than a 1 penny piece, then you can call it Clogau. :P 

• 2 years later...

I once went on a cruise and the ship's shops were all full of this 'super rare', 'super expensive' Welsh gold nonsense. They made a big play of the royal family sourcing their gold from there as well.

So whilst the salespeople were luring in my father with all of this fake (commercial) nostalgic rubbish, I made the comment, "well I'd give you spot for it".

The looks I got from the staff as I walked off laughing.

Dai is at the car boot sale when an American tourist comes by. Pointing to a skull on display in Dai's car, he says: “Whose skull is that?”

“That,” says Dai profoundly, “is the skull of Owain Glyndwr. It's yours for £10.”

“Incredible,” says the American. “I'll take it.”

Some weeks later, Dai is at the car boot sale when the same American walks past and notices a much smaller skull for sale.

“Whose skull it that?” asks the American.

“That,” says Dai in a practised voice, “is the skull of Owain Glyndwr.”

“Hang on,” says the American. “You sold me the skull of Owain Glyndwr a few weeks ago.”

“Aye,” says Dai. “This is when he was a boy.”

Archived