• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

May I suggest there be two new sections for topics. One that allows members to post about coins that are not necessarily precious metal (there are lots of old copper coins for instance that people collect!), and one section that is for general coin news. General coin news might include new releases, coin series information, NGC or PCGS information, etc.

I can see why you are suggesting this but my understanding ( maybe others will disagree ) is that this forum was established to focus on PMs.
It has been an incredible success so far and lots of members have benefitted from great advice and a vast pool of knowledge and in addition many have been able to sell and purchase PMs from a trustworthy site.

Once a site grows and diverts too far from its initial focus it can loose its appeal and once diluted can fill up with all sorts of stuff, like Facebook, to the point that it is no longer the great site it was, full of cr*p, moaners and groaners, pictures of cats and what you are about to eat in a restaurant.

Coins may sound relevant but if we are a PM site then copper and base metals aren't applicable.
Other sites that carry copper tend to include stamps so would that be the next request, followed by watches, model cars and magazines etc etc ??

My suggestion is that you establish a new site to make copper and non PM coins the main topic and not a satellite to this PM site.
I can also see sections of our existing  forum that have wandered off the rails a bit that could merit chopping out.

In any event, my personal opinions only - some may agree or disagree but at the end of the day our Administrators decide these matters.

Just speaking for myself i am only interested in precious metal and related economics. Yes we have politico-economic and somewhat exotic 'conspiracy' topics but i don't get the idea this is a general numismatic forum.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 15:35, sixgun said:

Just speaking for myself i am only interested in precious metal and related economics. Yes we have politico-economic and somewhat exotic 'conspiracy' topics but i don't get the idea this is a general numismatic forum.

I see more and more non-PM related topics, as you said political in particular, I just think it would make more sense to contain it to a section than allow it to sprinkle in to all sections. Particularly with non-PM coins.

On 4/21/2018 at 06:50, Pete said:

I can see why you are suggesting this but my understanding ( maybe others will disagree ) is that this forum was established to focus on PMs.
It has been an incredible success so far and lots of members have benefitted from great advice and a vast pool of knowledge and in addition many have been able to sell and purchase PMs from a trustworthy site.

Once a site grows and diverts too far from its initial focus it can loose its appeal and once diluted can fill up with all sorts of stuff, like Facebook, to the point that it is no longer the great site it was, full of cr*p, moaners and groaners, pictures of cats and what you are about to eat in a restaurant.

Coins may sound relevant but if we are a PM site then copper and base metals aren't applicable.
Other sites that carry copper tend to include stamps so would that be the next request, followed by watches, model cars and magazines etc etc ??

My suggestion is that you establish a new site to make copper and non PM coins the main topic and not a satellite to this PM site.
I can also see sections of our existing  forum that have wandered off the rails a bit that could merit chopping out.

In any event, my personal opinions only - some may agree or disagree but at the end of the day our Administrators decide these matters.

I realize the focus is on PMs, but it seems even that has some ancillary topics. Some members discuss antique watches (even if not made of PM), politics, stocks, and things ancillary to PM like identifying makers marks on silver spoons.

My point is not to expand the site into something that it is not, (as you mentioned stamps), but to have a place to "kick" these comments and topics to. Other coins seems like a logical forum topic, but even a miscellaneous section would do.

I think you're being facetious when you mention to start your own site. You and I both know that's a difficult undertaking and one that involves an investment. Much easier to take what is already here and improve upon it.

• 1 month later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Thank you for your suggestions @NewMSmatist15

What do you think about a new club for non PM coins? That way it won’t clutter up the main forums but will still provide an area for people to join and post topics for base metal coins in that section.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

14 hours ago, ChrisSIlver said:

Thank you for your suggestions @NewMSmatist15

What do you think about a new club for non PM coins? That way it won’t clutter up the main forums but will still provide an area for people to join and post topics for base metal coins in that section.

Love it, I've seen there is a premium members club and a bitcoin/crypto currency club, but didn't know that could be an option for this.

• Founder & Administrator

I have created the new club here: 

Please feel free to start adding related information there :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I welcome this new addition. I collect gold and silver. However I also collect non precious metal. I have all the £2 bu up to date except the technology ones only 1997. Have all £1 bu except some shields and all the 50p bu again except for some shields as I like to collect all the different designs. I also have a lot of extra £1 bu coins as I believe they will go up in value in a few years time. My best purchase was getting 20 blue peter coins dated 2009 for between £10-£15 pounds. Just look on ebay to see how much there selling for. I still have mine because I think the price will still rise. So to put it in a nutshell sometimes non precious metal will make you a lot more money than precious metals.

Archived