• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Next on your list

Ares

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about the 2013 Silver Aztec 1 kilo coin (mintage 500 I believe)...haven't seen one of the 2007s (Key Date)  come up for sale (mintage 303?) ...likely would cost a pretty penny (or 250,000  ) though...probably should instead stack 100 oz of bullion (I really like the look of those Scottsdale Mint 10oz- stackers but have none), as well as the Monarch (California Crown Mint) kit-kat style bars..

Cheers,

Luker

My lists pretty boring. It's based on what's cheapest while keeping a keen eye on spot which I believe is coming down significantly over the next few weeks or months.

Silver maples maybe 100 + a couple of 10oz koalas if price stays low.

And/or I've had my eye on Atkinsons mixed years gold 1oz eagles for a while now.

I would like to treat myself to a bran new 1oz coin as the ones I have are all second hand, will have to see.

Next purchase top of the list Lunars from Perth Mint.

1 x 1oz Dragon.

and

1 x 1oz Tiger.

Got the Dragon sourced from a member here and a tiger from an external source but haven't comitted yet so if you have a 1oz tiger and can beat £32.00 inc. delivery then pm me 

Would prefer to trade here than somewhere else.

There are things on my list I can't get hold of so I'll just list what I'm buying in Sept

Silver

2015 10oz Bu Goat

2015 10oz Bu Kook

2015 2oz Bu Goat X 2

2015 1oz Bu Goat

2015 1/2oz Bu Goat

2015 2oz Proof Goat x 2

2015 1oz Proof Goat

2015 1/2 Proof Goat

Maybe some other bits and pieces

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Where are you atm doogs?

my next will be a 2004 as i have 2005 - 2014 in ungraded.

Graded will be a 2009 MS70 as i have 2010-2014 all MS70.

Ungraded, I'm picking them up as I see good deals - picked up 2007 and 2008 recently and have a load of 2014 as well. So no definitive date run at the moment.

Graded, I have MS70 2011-2014 - will probably only go forward in MS70 rather than backward although I would like a 2008 in MS70.

This is what I need to buy to keep the collection going. If I have money to invest I will likely buy multiples of something below.

This years purchases:

1x 2014 Somalian gold elephant

1x 2014 Chinese gold panda

Last gods of Olympus (whenever it's released 2014 or 2015)

2015 purchases: (will likely wait until actual 2015 as now I do not have funds)

1x Perth Mint lunar goat 1oz

1x Perth mint kookaburra 1oz

1x Perth mint koala 1oz

1x Perth Mint lunar goat 10oz

1x Perth mint kookaburra 10oz

1x Perth mint koala 10oz

1x Perth Mint lunar goat 1kg

1x Perth mint kookaburra 1kg

1x Perth mint koala 1kg

Other purchases: one of each of the following:

2015 Silver Somalian elephant

2015 silver Chinese panda

All the 1oz HR's that are released

Stock horse.

2015 gold kangaroo.

2015 gold panda

2015 gold Somalian elephant.

You know mintage figures on gold samali elephants I can't find anywhere

• Founder & Administrator

You know mintage figures on gold samali elephants I can't find anywhere

Not sure. But this link is to the related thread, so if you find out please post here: http://thesilverforum.com/topic/786-gold-somalian-elephants-mintages/

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 months later...

My plans have changed somewhat. I'm a bit disappointed with next year's ellie and Rwandan buffalo designs so I wont buy as

many as I was originally intending to, so I will probably buy a few American silver eagles as an alternative.

I'd like to get some big silver bars as well but without paying vat.

As for gold, I now want to acquire the whole collection of 1 oz gold coins, so to complete the set I need to get an American gold eagle,

a krugerrand, and a gold libertad. I only have a 1/2 oz gold panda so maybe next year for that one.

Have your plans changed since this thread was started?

I like the sovs but I'm afraid of vuying them because it seems that there are a lot of fakes.

But  yes, also sovs in my next buys

The best solution if you are not an expert is avoid ebay and buy your sovs in a coin shop, if you don't know where I think that this shop is near you: http://www.andorrano-joyeria.com/en/shop/gold-coins/sovereign

2010 Lunar series 1  2oz tiger proof.

2004 2oz+1oz kook proof set.

1999&2000 10oz proof kooks

2015 10oz Kook Bu

2015 lunar Series 2 10oz Bu goat

2015 lunar series 2  2oz proof & Bu goat x 2

2015 lunar series 2  1oz & 1/2oz Bu x 2

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Going to get a large chunk of 2015 pandas, this years sleeper,

Was thinking the same thing, the only thing that worries me is the rise in the mintage numbers.

For 2012-2014 the mintage for the three years rose to 8M, while between 2001 to 2009 this was circa 500/660k. 

I read somewhere that with the proposed design change for 2016 the numbers were again going to be increased for 2015. Anyone got an idea ( even if it is only a projection) to where the mintage numbers are going to fall ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived