• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Baird & Co (goldline.co.uk)

Paul

I did a search and couldn't find any specific dedicated threads on them so figured I would start one. Since they seem to be the longest established PM dealer in UK

I have only used them a few times in the past.  I bagged a few of the valcambi combi 50g gold bars when they carried stock of them which are real nice.  Had a good service in general but i found better value elsewhere when i was buying.

Anyone have any reports/feedback on them.

I have used them once no problem would use again.I paid like a deposit to start the buying process if i remember correctly then there is a final payment before they will ship.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Yep, you pay an initial deposit by card then the remaining balance by bank transfer.

I've been aware of them a while but never used them. I was put off slightly by the deposit then bank transfer as well as delivery charge I believe. Atkinsons are far simpler and straightforward with always a cheap competitive offer to go for.

Like a lot of British businesses (it seems to me), they may well offer good deals from time to time, but their refusal to move with the times must have cost them a hell of a lot of custom over the years. A website that looks like it was made over a decade ago, archaic payment methods... compare the terribly overpriced but very slick operators like Gold Bullion Co or Bullion by Post. Bairds may well be quite comfortable and doing ok, but they could and should have been in prime positions to further exploit the market if they made the effort to provide an easy, attractive, hassle-free buying experience.

i have to say i agree with silversword comments.  Looking up various bullion dealers during my initial research into precious metals through companycheck web site.2012 accounts show £5.3 million cash at hand and £84.6million in assets.  This is far, far larger balance sheet than any other bullion dealer. 

The bulk of their trade must be high end stuff ie LBMA good delivery bars to countries/central banks possibly

Deals to the small time PM stacker might be just a small proportion of their business

So look like they are still top of the tree. 

I've seen a whole lot of Baird & Co products appear on Aus websites recently, and I got to say I like the look of their bars.  I would definitely like to pick up one of their 100gram gold bars sometime in the future.  I'll make it my fondle piece haha.  

1405561590bair&co_100gram_cast_400b.gif

Archived