• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help With Some Pre-decimal Coins

danman49

Hi guys,

whilst sorting through my stack I came across a few older English coins and wondered if anyone could shed some light on whether they have any value other than their silver value!  Please post any comments you might have on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Danny post-229-0-85439800-1408423599_thumb.jpgpost-229-0-33668700-1408423618_thumb.jpg

Have a look here www.bullionspotprice.com/silver

Remember to change the value from dollars and also that these are prices for coins with the full weight.

It looks like you have some nice ones there. Crowns, half crowns etc.

EDIT:   Oh, 'other' than their silver value.....

The crowns look like they are it good condition.  It might be worth searching that South African 2 1/2 shillings.

Probably best to check the completed listings on ebay.

LOL didn't even know there was a South African coin in there!  I just thought they were all English.  Yes some of the coins are in pretty good shape for their age, though a couple have seen better days that is for sure.  I will have a look on Ebay, but must remember to make it a world wide search as the Australian Ebay has very little traffic on these guys.

Cheers.

Danny

http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/great-britain-crown-km-765-1887-1892-cuid-122977-duid-315114

(it's in us$)

that 1892 crown could be worth checking with someone who is capable of grading it

accurately, may have been cleaned at some point though?

if that's a double florin then it should fetch more than £10

HH

Thanks for the advice guys!  Anyone interested in them by the way as they really don't fit my collection and over this way the interest is all in the Australian pre decimal coins.  

I like the fact that you have a South African coin, being my homeland during my childhood and teen years.

I have no idea on their worth or even their silver content, but I would be interested at the right price.  :)

Please PM through some more details of the particular coin types, years and guesstimate of quality then I can go do some homework. 

LOL that's the problem I have no idea of what they are worth :)  Will try and get some time to do a bit of research and work out a price....  Or if someone else has an idea please let me know!!  I am presently still taking pics of my numis, listing them and then working out what they owe me.  Bit hard as I have had some for a few years now.  Think I need a clone or me to do the chores whilst the real me sits down and looks after the coins!!!

LOL that's the problem I have no idea of what they are worth :)  Will try and get some time to do a bit of research and work out a price....  Or if someone else has an idea please let me know!!  I am presently still taking pics of my numis, listing them and then working out what they owe me.  Bit hard as I have had some for a few years now.  Think I need a clone or me to do the chores whilst the real me sits down and looks after the coins!!!

I can relate to your dilemma.  Drop me a PM when you get more of an idea. Thanks Danny

Archived